Still a love affair
By Barbara Fullerton on
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)
Yesterday was our 10 month anniversary of this love affair. At 15,000 km, its converted mileage is about 27 mpg in city commute of 15 km (9 miles) and 40 stoplights. Highway driving, using the Edmunds' suggestions in AOL review (no lead foot, auto speed control,etc) and keeping an eye on my "eco" zone signal, we get about 37.5 mpg. My earlier review should have reported we use about 9 litres (city) and 6.5 litres (highway) per 100 km driven. This American in Canada reversed km and litres in earlier report. Figures are from dash indicators for gas useage per tank. Real calculations show 700-800 km per 54 litres (32-36 mpg)in mixed driving. (Approximate only:litres do not quite = quarts)
Favorite Features
Style, comfort, pick-up, and knowing I am doing my part for the environment driving this fun car. (Extra cost in buying a luxury car will even out in gas costs over the time I intend to own it. Though it doesn't save as much on gas as some other cars CAN, my reasons for buying it were relative.)
Suggested Improvements
Blind spots due to interior visibility issues (headrests?); Honda windows fog too easily; combination of power and engine stopping make tasks like parking more difficult when there are only inches to spare; headlights could be brighter. Did we expect perfection? Honeymoon is not over! I love my car!