2005 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Not Trading 2005 for 2008!

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX V-6 Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Not Trading 2005 for 2008!
By ABQGeo on

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2005 EX V6 for over 3 years now and have decided to hang onto it for a few more years, because I think the new body style is ugly! Right before the warranty expired, the whole transmission needed to be replaced. Challenging myself to get the highest MPG's I could, I recently achieved over 37 MPG's on a trip on the highway, never exceeding 65 mph and being very gentle on the accelerator. Can't beat that for efficiency! Other than the transmssion, I've had no problems with the car, so I'm hanging onto it. Compared to American sedans I drive at work, the steering and suspension feel "alive" and connected to me.

Just the right size outside, surprisingly roomy inside. Love the big, bright speedometer and easy to use automatic climate system. More engine power than I ever need, but surprisingly easy on gas. Driver' seat comfort is so-so, but I love the heat feature in the winter. Folding rear seat is handy.

Too much road noise. Both the original transmission, and the replacement take about a second to get into Drive when shifting out of Park or Reverse, but I've gotten used to it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review