2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Leather Consumer Review - BUILT FOR THE LONG HAUL

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Leather)

BUILT FOR THE LONG HAUL
By hondas_rule on

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the money the Accord EX-L 4 cyl is one of if not the best used car out there. Legendary dependability. Good on gas. Comfortable nice driving cars. Parts are cheap and easy to get. Cars are easy to work on. Bought mine with 38k miles. I do all the maintenance myself. The only thing I have had to fix with this car is the serpintine belt on the engine started to squeak at 100k so I replaced it. You can classify that as regular maintenance BTW. Car has 132k miles now and I need to adjust the valves since they starting ticking more than usual from a cold start. It's an easy job requiring no parts, just labor. 05, 06 & 07 Accord EX-L 4 cyls have to be the best used car period!

Favorite Features

Nice driving, unbelievably dependable, nice fit and finish, good stereo, parts are cheap and easy to find, car is easy to work on. I drove a hard bargain at Christmas and got a good deal and after 6 years cars like mine sell for 60% of what I paid.

Suggested Improvements

It's a 4 cyl so it's no go-getter but for a 4 cyl it does surprizingly well. 4 cyl EX's don't come with dual power seats or fog lamps. Wish the stereo had a usb or port for my iPod. Not the most stylish car but not ugly. Rear seat could be a little bigger. Ride is a little jouncy for some people but I like the firmer ride. You have to put quiet tires on Accords or the tire noise will drive you nuts. Do the research to make sure the tires you buy are quiet.