2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great Commuting and Family Car

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Commuting and Family Car
By morg4163 on

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 180 miles a day round trip, since 10/05 this car has been reliable and not let me down at all. For the cost of the car, it is a great buy. Following Honda's maintenance guide, 3000 mile oil changes are NOT necessary, the book shows 9000 miles for normal use, 6000 miles for extreme conditions. This is the first foreign car I've owned for quite some time, with my daily drive, it wont be my last. This car performs well on the highway and in the city.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, and for a 4 cylinder, it has plenty of power on the highway. There is plenty of trunk space, and hauls the family without complaints. Cup holders are plentiful, 4 up front (1 in each door, and 2 in center console), and 2 in the rear. There are lots of storage nooks in the car.

Suggested Improvements

The rear lights and trunk lid could use more styling, Honda realized this also and gave the back end a face lift for the 2006 model. Go with the wider tires, as the base LX tires/wheels squeal when taking curves (such as curved on/off ramps) over 30 mph.