2005 Honda Accord 3.0L V6 Hybrid 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My first hybrid wont be

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

My first hybrid wont be my last
By JOHN LESESNE on

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I found the Honda Accord Hybrid to be a better driving machine than my 1995 Buick V8 Park Avenue. Both have excellent gas milage. The comfort level is the same inside the cabin . The Accord is some what sporty also and has great pick up and manuverability . The fuel economy gauges on the Hybrid are a constant reminder of how one's driving habits affects their overall gas mileage. It helps one to adjust to better driving habits that save fuel. I can see better out of this automobile than I can out of any other I have owned. This Hybrid is quite a machine.

Favorite Features

Fast acceleration when trying to pass, uphill accelerations is great also. Its quiet, rides is unbelievably smooth. Front wheel drive w/ traction really holds the road surface in icy conditions. The regenerative breaking system helps stopping the car with in a shorter distance.

Suggested Improvements

The IMA motor system should allow use of the electric power alone to move the vehicle in a gas engine out situation. It would be safer to be able to crawl off to the highway shoulder or to an exit rather than to push it or let it sit where it rolls to a stop.