Long-term relationship!
By sullins on
2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
This is the first car I ever bought brand new. I wanted to wait a year or so before I posted a review and wow does time fly! Seven years later I am proud to say I still own this car and it will hit 232,000 miles on my drive to work tomorrow. This has been an incredibly reliable car. Outside of the usual maintenance such as tires, oil changes and brakes, I have replaced nothing more than batteries (think I have bought two) and light bulbs...literally. With that said, I'm awful on cars. I change the oil about every 10,000 miles & have never done 'scheduled maintenance' (dealership stuff). Still has original timing chain & clutch. As a commuter, this has been the best car I could have bought!
Favorite Features
gas mileage, reliability, re-sale value, despite high mileage the car is still 'tight' no rattles or noises, and the fact that everything electrical and mechanical is still fully functional.....never had to replace buttons or knobs or any kind of power motor such as windows or locks.
Suggested Improvements
maybe better stereo, however the factory stereo is pretty decent. That's the only thing I can think of ........and we've had lots of time together for me to think about that ;-)