2005 Honda Accord 3.0L V6 Hybrid 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Hybrid: not up to expectations

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Hybrid Sedan (3.0L V6 Hybrid 5-speed Automatic)

Hybrid: not up to expectations
By berrytarte on

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have always loved Honda vehicles and at first glance this looked to be a great way to lower my fuel costs and payments. As time went by, I realized that I would have been much happier with a regular Accord. I am not getting the fuel mileage that the hybrid was supposed to have. I have also realized that the missing trunk space does become a factor when you are making a trip with several people. There is also a strange "lag" in the engine between 40 and 50 mph that I just cannot adjust to. The switching between hybrid and gas engines provides a very jerky feel when you are driving at those speeds.

Favorite Features

I love the feel of the car, the leather and the way the controls are set. The XM radio has been great to listen to. It has a great exterior style.

Suggested Improvements

There needs to be smoother transition betweeen gas and hybrid engines. I would also like to see them inlcude a full size spare tire. They need to give consumers accurate mpg ratings. This is the primary reason most people would buy the car.