2005 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Hybrid is Excellent Choice

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

Hybrid is Excellent Choice
By scott s on

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This was the best car purchasing experience I have had in 15 years of buying. Buy through Honda.com! They really do give you the best price. Even though this is a new vehicle, I still paid what I wanted, and got extras free. The car is tight! Quiet, comfortable, and a joy to drive. It takes a while to get used to the autostop, but you actually enjoy sitting at stop lights burning no fuel. It has pep too. The V6/electric motor combo is awesome. Merging w/traffic is easy despite the title "hybrid". I averaged 26mpg my first tank of nearly 100% short trip, stop and go. The few times I got on the highway I could immediately see the mileage cruise to above 35!

Favorite Features

Power, autostop (now that I'm used to it), stealth (it looks like an Accord should!), mileage (so far so good), AM/FM/XM/6 CD changer kickin' stereo (for a stocker), Navi system is so cool. I'm lost without it. Trip computer (shows real-time trip, fuel consumption, and range.)

Suggested Improvements

Center console is a bit far to reach. Would like a sport shifter like in the Acura TL. Better factory tint on the windows. A Spare Tire! Power tilt and telecoping steering column. Power passenger seat. One year XM instead of 3 month subscription. Keep the autostop when shifting from D to P.