2005 Honda Accord 3.0L V6 Hybrid 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - get real mileage

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

get real mileage
By gb on

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

All the discussion about mileage on the hybrid is settled easily. If you drive about 55 or 60 for Hwy, you will get near the EPA results. If you drive 80, you'll get around 31 mpg. In the city I 've found I get pretty close to epa of 27. If you mix city/hwy like most drivers, look for around 31 mpg. when you actually measure it on a fill up. I am getting about 7 mpg better than my '03 Accord and for me that's a good deal. Don't buy this car expecting great mileage but do buy it for good mileage, great performance, great re-sale, great reliability and a host of other reasons!

Favorite Features

The hybrid system's cylinder management system (shuts off 3 at normal hwy speeds), and the engine shuts-off when you are on the brake and below about 10 mph. Great for long traffic lights. Too bad all cars don't do this at lights!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger electric motor to maintain the economy of the cyl management system when going up grades. You lose the fold down rear seats to battery storage, but at least make a pass through where the arm rest is.