2005 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Excellent reliability, only do

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (3.0L V6 Hybrid 5-speed Automatic)

Excellent reliability, only downside is overrated MPG
By tvtruong on

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've have this car for over 8 years. I bought it from a dealership after it was returned from a 2 years lease. In the 8 years and 150k km (about 100k miles) that I've put on it, here are my review. It is an extremely reliable car. I've done all the routine maintenance on it. I've only need to take the car in twice outside of routine maintenance. Totally just under $1k over a period of 8 years. Routine maintenance cost another $2k. Interior design have an old rich man feel to it, and outside design are very plain. Power delivery is awesome and smooth. The OEM tires can't really be used in the winter. It design for low rolling resistance. Overall a great car.

Air conditioner and heater start up extremely fast. Power of a V8 with fuel economy of a I4. Again it was extremely reliable I am at 234k km now ( about 150k miles) with just $1k of unschedule maintenance. Ride is quite, smooth, and compliant. Fuel economy, while overrated, still provide me with cost saving. Engine auto stop provide for a quite time at the stop light. Awesome highway cruising.

The OEM tire are useless in the winter. The radio/entertainment system does not have a line in and replacing it cost about $600 just for parts. Interior and exterior design are very plain. The overrated fuel economy when I bought it. EPA eventually updated their rating, which is more accurate.