Accordingly boring!
By James in Fairfax on
2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Bought an '05 EX Sedan 4-cylinder w/ auto. Purchased based on reviews this is a "sporty family sedan". It's not. I had buyer's remorse a week after purchase. Nothing makes me want to drive this car...nothing! It's so boring to drive I need to check my pulse to make sure I'm not sleeping. IMO, this is a two-faced car: Extremely reliable, economical to own, attrative to look at. Yet, it's boring to drive, too large, poor driving qualities, horrible brakes, twitchy steering with placid handling, poor paint quality. Appearance doesn't match the drive. This car has no personality. If driving point A to point B is all that matters...buy an Accord. '08 isn't much better, just bigger!
Favorite Features
Extremely reliable (not one mechanical problem in 35k miles), comfortable ride, nice interior, smooth quiet engine!
Suggested Improvements
Improve the horrible, touchy brakes; improve the twitchy steering feel; improve handling; better standard tires; improve paint quality; make a foot shorter. Improve gas mileage (4- cyl averages 24 mpg (mostly highway). Overall, this car has been a disappointment and average at best.