2005 Honda Accord Consumer Review: A Performance Car

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

A Performance Car
By Lin Red on

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Bought a new 05 HAH in Apr 06. Honda misjudged the # of cars they could sell and several were left unsold well into 06. I couldn't be happier, since I knew exactly what this car was. It was a Honda Accord EX-V6 with added power and better MPG. It was not a super high MPG car especially in the city. This car has all the Honda traits; great build, quality and dependability. It gives about 25% better real world MPG in the city and highway. My 04 Acura TL gets 18 c/27 h, My 05 HAH gets 24 c/34 h. Very grateful for low emissions and uniqueness of this car. Drove my sister's 2007 TCH. Cost 29500+tax with similar features to HAH. TCH has very good city MPG. Like HAH most other respects.

Honda quality, hybrid uniqueness, power everything, 255 HP, leather heated seats, XM satellite and 6CD changer, highway MPG. Price that I paid. Hope Honda create a plug-in Hybrid.

As much as I like this car, I don't think the IMA in Accord will survive. Honda will need to create something like Toyota HSD to compete. Would like to see Hybrids in Acura line. The tires in HAH should be replaced with Michelin Pilots MXM4. There is a lag when braking to turn and accelerating.