2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
First Accord Hybrid in Canada
By Barbara Fullerton on 07/09/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Dealer says I bought the 1st of this model in Canada. My purchase was for ethical reasons - concern for the environment. It gets about 9 km per 100 litres for city driving and about 6.5 km per litre on highway: about 850 km per tank. Promo said potential is 1000 km per tank. Empty tank takes ~ 54 litres (tho specs indicate it is larger.) Dashboard indicators help me drive in a way that conserves fuel. But, when I need power, it is THERE - LOVE it! (When I do not drive in the "eco" zone, my gas mileage goes up, of course.) My primary critique is that this technology was put only into a luxury model. I do not normally purchase leather, seat warmers, 6-CD changer, etc.

Going Greener Update
By 56rascal on 07/04/05 03:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Updating previous review (see Greener with Style 4/05): City/Suburban driving 24.5 to 27.5 mpg and highway driving (55 to 65 mph in hilly Oregon) 33 to 34 mpg. Realistically we could have saved a lot more by buying a strong 4 cylinder Accord, but our reasons for buying the car were not driven by only the dollars spent. The car is a joy to drive. Again I would emphasize you need to test drive it fully warmed up in a variety of conditions. Some people may actually be annoyed by the engine shutdown on stops and cylinder shutdown/restart. Electronic steering feels like it 'hangs' sometimes. My wife drives a Civic Hybrid with about 44 mpg but lacks the comfort and power of the Accord (lucky me).

'05 Accord Hybrid Is For Real
By Hulluporo on 06/28/05 18:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This car is like our 2004 Acura RL - mini version. Currently getting 33mpg in town driving. No road figures yet. A real pleasure for the 35 mile commute (one way) each morning. It has excellent response and quite a good ride. Instrumentation is easy to read and it is gas supplemented by the Integrated Motor Assist (IMA). More power than the standard Accord and due to it's lighter wieght, much more peppy off the line and when you need it on the road. Creature features are excellent. Had to pay MSRP, but no mark-up at least. That's been known to happen with lesser vehicles. This car took me into the hybrid market. Hadn't seen one I liked the looks of until this came along.

my accord experience
By Ryan on 06/26/05 21:59 PM (PDT)

I bought an EX-V6 before this one and find the hybrid much better in quality. My EX-V6 squeaked and rattled loudly after 1K miles, we'll see how this one does (hybrid feels better put together). The ride feels much better and i like the electric steering. Gas mileage is *HIGHLY* variable -- 10 to 20 in rush hour traffic but 25-40 while moving around town. 35-45 mpg on highway where vcm really helps out. overall better acceleration than EX-V6, but accelerating keeps the car in V6 mode and thus you won't realize gas savings. Therefore, you can save on gas, but you have to work @ it -- don't be a lead foot and drive @ off peak hours. Other features it shares with EX-V6 work just as well.

Makes Sense
By MMC on 06/24/05 15:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

The best thing about this car is that you don't feel odd. It's invisible: it feels and handles as an ordinary family sedan - you are not aware that it is different. Yet when you need power it does not disapoint. I like that it uses regular gas and that I'm getting about 30 miles per gallon average day to day mileage.

Hwy MPG Overrated for this commuter
By SecondHybrid4Me on 06/19/05 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This is my second Honda hybrid. Took my former Civic to nearly 100k miles in just under three years with few problems. Routine oil changes were more difficult on that version with 0 weight 30 not easy to find and quirky steps mechanics have to know... so far with the Accord, it's a snap! My only complaint was the premium sticker price and that the fuel efficiency is nowhere close to that advertised. I am mostly drive on the highway and am averaging closer to 30 than 37. I was sold that the enhancements in hybrid technology were supposed to make this one better for increased hwy mileage than in town. Either way, I'm all for hybrids and my experience has been good! Go Green!!

very helpful review from a honda lover
By marlon on 06/18/05 04:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I would not recommend this for now..wait a year or two for the some changes. engine is very strong and does not compliment the handling. it does not hold tight enough on curvy roads like around mountains but in a straigh line it's very nice, quite and smooth. but around town, handling is fine.what amazed me the most is the brake system. It's very powerful. it really bites. regarding gas mileage, i get almost 30mpg 85% highway with milow driving. the transmission shifting to second gear is very noticeble or is not smooth. i already got 7100miles. i use mobil 1 oil. after 2 mins engine warms up at 60degrees and auto stop works. overall I rate this car 7.5. there is plenty of room for improvent

This owner loves it!
By cal_cal on 06/17/05 15:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This is a great car. I wanted to buy it for a long time and I recently got a great deal on it as well. It is super quiet, smooth and has great power. The legspace is amazing.

2005 honda accord hybrid w/ navi
By Amy on 06/02/05 09:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car.It rides so smooth, taking every bump and turn with ease. I have the hybrib with the navigational system,just to see if the navi worked well i took a weekend trip out of town and used only the navi to find my way. And let me tell you it works great.never missed a beat.it found me places to eat,things to do in the area,as well as showed me how to get back to my hotel. Alot of people think just because it is a hybrid it is slow.wrong..it has speed.if you don't believe it has speed and saves gas you need to go test drive one. also don't forget you get a $2000. tax credit.if you want the one that is the best get the one i have 2005 honda accord hybrid w/leather,woodtrim and navi.

Hybrid
By CJ on 05/29/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

The car rides well, smooth and quiet. It handles very well and has a good turning radius. The engine has a lot of power. The GPS system is easy to use.