Used 2005 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not the best for a tall guy.
By bartanion

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Over all a nice sporty car with good interior functions. Fair gas mileage. Fun to drive. Lots of storage for such a small car.

Favorite Features

4 cylinder is fast enough. Fair gas mileage. Good space for a two door to carry stuff. Good sized trunk. Good sound from stereo. Nice interior with plenty of drink holders. Good accessories.

Suggested Improvements

Plenty of road noise. Seat back is too stiff and not wide enough for people with wide muscular backs. Slanted windshield allows too much sun in. (But good aero dynamics). Lousy AM radio reception. Dark interior is hard to keep clean. Not enough leg room. I'm 6'4". Brakes are grabby at times.

Good, reliable transportation
By Jerry Seltzer

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased this 2 dr. EX and I am qute happy and pleased with the vehicle. I have just a couple of minor complaints, of no real importance but that could bear some design improvement. The windshield pillar on the driver's side I find is too wide or thick and inhibits visibility when making a left turn. Also, the drivers seat lacks sufficient adjustments (manual). Last but not least, the driver's seat belt does not retract correctly and I have to fish around to find it. The service man told me that the belt is up to manufacturer's specs. I have to retract it manually to get it into the correct position to enable me to fasten it. Other than these the Honda EX Coupe ia a good vehicle.

Favorite Features

Braking is excellent, Body fit is superb and the 4 cyl. engine is very responsive, quick and quiet.

I love it
By stevet

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After years of owing Hondas I strayed to American cars because of their lower price and promise of good performance. Boy what a dissapointment. Came back with a EX V6 6sp coupe with full aero ground affects kit. It's a much better looking car with the Aero kit. The car is responsive and fun to drive, it loves to go to red line with a smooth pur, never sounding strainend and yet it is frugle on gas when not driven hard. This is a car I will keep for a very long time. Best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Reponsive handling. Nice features. Excellent quality. Regular unleaded. 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds! It has it all with out saying "hey cops look at me".

Suggested Improvements

Seats a bit stiff, could use more give. Keep tall people out of the back seat.

Honda Converts!
By RolTra

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Having ownen 8 cars with the time span of 10 years, I feel a bit experienced on what the middle class car lover would want in their next investment. Toyota always one step ahead, be it in styling, or toys, this year I was I was attracted to the Honda products and after test driving the Accord, was convinced the 2dr, roomy, sport yet elegant design was ALL me! This car has bought me over, and depending on long term performance and quality, I belive I am now a loyal consumer of Honda.

Favorite Features

I am most impressed with the handling of the car. Other favorites inlude, standard features such as; power sun roof, and the storage capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

The cars door locks should lock automatically after the vehicle is placed in drive and is in motion. All windows should include one touch accessibility. Lights should automatically turn on/off with light sensor. Fog lamps should be Standard (one feature Toyota provides) i.e. Scion anyone?.

Who can say hondas are refined?
By chasm

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 05 accord coupe lx in June 2005, and I expect this will be my last Honda. I have been quite disappointed with a car that has received such high regards from various auto critics. I am currently driving this lx with a blown stereo speaker and a vibrating engine that makes long drives utterly dreadful. The car would actually be decent transportation if something could be done about the refinement of the engine and mediocre stereo.

Favorite Features

handling & fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

refine engine & improve radio