Used 2005 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best yet
By s.a.

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned quite a few cars and until now, with the exception of a VW beetle in the 70's (forgive me; it was the time) I had always bought American made, and always had issues before long. When my son was eighteen and bought his first car, he bought a four door, four cylinder Accord. While nice looking, reliable and easy on insurance esp with a teenager at the wheel, it didn't seem to have that extra kick. So last year when I needed to decide something about a vehicle, I saw an ad for the 2dr coupe and well, it is sitting in my garage now. Black with black leather and maxed out with the 6 cylinder engine, I haven't had so much fun driving ever. I LOVE THIS CAR. and so will you.

The CD changer, the navi system, the shortcuts to open the gas and trunk, trunk size, ease of maintaining everything, looks I get when driving slow in town- very nice...and I love to shift and get it on the interstate and go... no ticket yet...cross those fingers...lol

What a great car
By Lazonni Gates

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX Special Edition V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is really a wonderful car. It performs exceptionally, low maintenance, sleek lines.. and a tremendous CD/stereo

6 disc CD/Stereo, performance

More rear cabin space. This model is a bit smaller inside than in comparison to the 2002 Accord coupe

Leaks and squeaks
By DrivenMad

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I thought this was my dream car but now I guess the honeymoon is over. I have put 600 very carful miles on this thing and already the rattles and squeaks are starting. A big let down was the tranny started leaking bright red fluid on my garage floor. I had believed that the previous years (98- 02) transmission problems would have been long gone but apparently not.

Controls work well, interior lighting.

Seats that don't hurt to ride in them, auto door locks(Camry) Daytime running lights (camry)

V6 6spd is lots of fun!
By dan421i

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The V6 Accord 6 speed is the best Honda ever! The power from this car just keeps pulling you back into your seat. The car is wonderful to drive and has a beautiful fit and finish both inside and out. I lack the ability to articulate just how much I really love this car!

The gearbox on this car is great! The throws are short and direct. The gearing ratios are also very close, making this car a joy to shift.

All conceivable improvements, except for HID headlights, have been made for the 2006 model and include: LED taillights, daytime running lights, and more power.

Not the best for a tall guy.
By bartanion

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Over all a nice sporty car with good interior functions. Fair gas mileage. Fun to drive. Lots of storage for such a small car.

4 cylinder is fast enough. Fair gas mileage. Good space for a two door to carry stuff. Good sized trunk. Good sound from stereo. Nice interior with plenty of drink holders. Good accessories.

Plenty of road noise. Seat back is too stiff and not wide enough for people with wide muscular backs. Slanted windshield allows too much sun in. (But good aero dynamics). Lousy AM radio reception. Dark interior is hard to keep clean. Not enough leg room. I'm 6'4". Brakes are grabby at times.