Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 370 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Standing the test of time
By DV8mAn

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 125,000 miles, I'm still happy. Bulletproof car, great mileage and ride. Feel confident behind the wheel at hwy speeds. Don't want to part with this car until at least 250,000 miles. Only negative is the brakes are too small, so the rotors warp faster than normal. Other than normal maintenance, only issue so far is a dead battery (which could be considered normal).

Comfort, reliability, MPG

Larger brake rotors

3 Years 36K No Problems
By iowahonda

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought our 05 at the end of the model year to get a deal. We're completely happy with it, and have had absolutely no problems. We consistently got 30 mpg city/highway combo, then started getting around 35 mpg once we slowed down on the highway a little. This is a perfect commuter car. Plenty of response and power in traffic. Typical tight Honda feel. No squeaks or rattles ever. This is our 3rd Accord, none ever leaked a drop of oil. Only minor issues are that the seats are a bit firm for long distance driving, the stereo isn't that great, and rear door exit is tight -- have had people hit their heads on the way out.

Performance, reliability, gas mileage.

None!

2005 Honda Accord EXL V6
By Ray

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned and operated this car for a week. My initial reaction is that this is one terrific car. It has the feel of a luxury car. It is solid, smooth, responsive, quiet and exudes quality. It is my second Honda and if the reliability experience with this car is similar to my first Honda, I will be one very satisfied Honda owner.

Quality of the interior materials and the assembly quality and the fact that everything, that is all the accessories on this used Honda work as if the car is brand new.

Electronic stability control - I was disappointed to learn that this important safety feature was not available on this car. Not that one should ever have to use it, but it would be reassuring to know that it is ready to help.

Love My Honda
By Love My Honda

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in Oct. '04, love it! I've had it 4 years now and have had no mechanical problems other than having to replace a battery terminal, brakes twice, and working on my 2nd set of tires. No pause on acceleration, awesome zip. Ultra comfortable interior. Stereo is great. I will definitely be looking for a new Honda next year as I pass my down to the next child in line.

Cushy seats, zippy to drive, feels real sporty.

Not very sound proof, hear more outside noise than I like. Plug in for cell phone charging turns off with the car - needs to stay on like all other cars so you can charge with car off.

Battery Died -Towed Twice in One Day
By BAC

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Only have 16,000 on this baby, owned under 3 yrs. and I was shocked when my battery died on a very hot day. My shop says it happens! He also said the breaks are fine, just noisy pads (after 10,000 noticed a slight squeal). Still like the car for what I paid under $18,000 everything included Cash. Nobody is perfect. Must last 10 yrs.

Better gas mi then the new 08

Better ex paint quality and colors, and keep working on those breaks.(Shorter stopping distance.)