2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
3 and counting
By Dawuud on 02/15/06 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Accord and the third Accord I love. I gave up the last one with 194,000 miles and it now has over 250,000. After a brief stint with a '94 Acura, I'm back with the Accord and it's a wonderful car to drive. It's very comfortable and the heated seats are great this time of year. Driving up a mountain was easy the one time I did. The car has very good road manners and the steering is much better than I thought.

Trouble with Honda's bumpers
By Kathleen Pulte on 02/09/06 17:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I bought a Honda Accord Hybrid at the end of July . We had a pleasant experience with the dealer, althought he was the fifth dealer we had gone to in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The first problem I noticed about the car was the motor shield was hanging loose from under the car. We had to have that replaced at our expense. The next problem we had was the front bumper was cracked and we are having that replaced at our expense. We have babied this car and the car stays in the garage. The car has never been in a wreck. The Honda body shops seem to be aware of this problem. The Honda Corporation has been extremely rude and and unhelpful. This is a major flaw.

Better than hoped for or expected
By nytransplant on 01/28/06 22:27 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable around Phoenix but a true delight on the highway and up in the mountains. The indicators for the electric usage and optimum driving conditions work clearly. Roomy and quiet for long trips. Trunk space is adequate, even though the battery cuts down on available depth. No problems in the first 20,000 miles.

Excellent Vehicle
By D- on 01/26/06 22:11 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a great buy. I am not too impressed with the Accords body style however when you buy a Honda you buy it for the reliability and that is what this car is reliable. It's unfortunate that GM & Ford are shutting down plants but maybe they could learn a thing or two from the engineers at Honda.

Honda Hits Scores Again!
By HondaUser6465 on 01/26/06 19:45 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In today's world of 80+ speeds, I am a little less than enthusiastic about the gas mileage I got from this seemingly-stingy Accord. But coupled with the 5 speed manual, the car proves fun to drive, reliable as the day is long and sporty in a sensible, Honda-esque manor. When looking at this car, be sure to think about the V6 as the 4 cylinder does power the car well, but it's a full-size sedan, and those extra ponies can sure help move the car. Otherwise, a great all-around driver.

Honda Shmonda
By towbotr on 01/11/06 18:39 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After all the "Hubbub" and hype, I finally decided to let the economic side of my brain take over when buying my last car. Honda, they all said. Well, it's not all it was cracked up to be. The ride is hard and interior layout is awkward. Radio controls require you to take your eyes off the road and the voice activated feature is cumbersome and the delay is frustrating. The GPS navigation tracks next to the road and even shows the car riding over water. The map has "breadcrumb" dots all over it. Fuel mileage barely makes the 20 mpg advertised on sticker. Service departments in more than one dealership try to find excuses to get out of warranty repairs of which there have been more than afew

05 Accord V6
By Tom on 12/31/05 10:13 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle to take a six week trip across the country. Went in the middle of August and returned the end of September. This vehicle was so comfortable we never were tired even after logging 900 miles in one day. Also, the V6 performed admirably and we averaged just over 30 mpg for the entire trip of 9,000 miles. At one point in South Dakota while using the cruise control (@75mph) we averaged 34 mpg. This is a beautiful car in every aspect and really fun to drive.

Love my Honda Accord
By Andrea Ripley on 12/29/05 07:46 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since the purchase of my first Honda Accord, I have thoroughly enjoyed this car. Everything is so well designed and the car is fun to drive. The satellite radio is a wonderful feature. I gave up an old mini van for this car. What a great change. The performance was what caught our eye. We test drove a hybrid and the engine was not as smooth as a six cylinder. So we chose the 6. This car has some get up and go!

A PLEASANT SURPRISE
By irvinette barnes on 12/20/05 00:05 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very pleased with my purchase of the 2005 Honda Accord. In my vehicle search, Honda was not my first my choice. I was in desperate need of a vehicle, and needed something I could rely on. I don't consider myself a basic person, but in my mind, that is what Honda represented. Boy! was I wrong. I was really impressed with the features and the style of the vehicle. The navigation system has helped me find my way on numerous occasions (a must if you can). I love the satellite radio, and I never listen to local stations anymore. My Accord has handled really well in the snow, when other more expensive cars have failed. All that I can say is that this is a purchase that I am glad I made.

Alaska Accord
By Maximum Accord on 12/17/05 20:05 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love it! This WAS my first Honda. My wife and I commute 50 miles one way to work and have already racked up 20000 miles since May 2005. Best handling car I've driven in the snow and ice. We are so happy with the Accord we bought two used Hondas since this purchase. A 97 Hatchback Civic for my 16 yr old daughter and a 91 Prelude for myself. Both have 100K on the odometer and run great. I'M SOLD!!!!!!!!