Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Reliability & joy
By Super auto

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have driven this auto for 46,000 moles with most of it in town but have two trips of over 2,000 mile each time from here to Galvestan, Texas. On each trip to Galvestan I usually drove at 70-80 mph . The car holds road excellent and still has power to pass in excess of this speed when necessary. I had trouble with a humming noise while driving. Had installed a canceling kit which cost me $600 on August 2008. I've had no mechanical problems or body work done. I am keeping written evidence of purchases of gas for the past 12,000 miles and getting about 36 mpg on highway and 25-30 in town. I wish Honda still made Accord Hybrids. Over all I have not owned a better car than this one!

Power, riding comfort, miles per gallon of gas and overall satisfaction of ownership.

Passenger electrical seat adjustment and back-up related noise activator and sight. Side mirror addition to eliminate blind spots.

Far below expectation
By FrustedUser

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the new from the dealer but did not buy extended warranty since I bought the Honda. The power steering was replaced at 30K miles and now the automatic transmission needs to be replaced at 45K miles. The dealer quoted $4000 for new transmission. Fuel Pump relay was replaced as part of the recall. This has been a real disappointment and this is my last Honda ever.

None.

Warranty of 3 yr / 36000 miles is very bad. Should be at least 5 year 60K miles.

Super reliability & gas mileage
By Robert

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The perfect commuter & fun to drive. No problems and minimal maintenance (oil & filter, tires, brakes) in 70 K miles. Very reliable, great gas mileage: I average 30-32 MPG, 70% highway at 80 MPH. Decent performance with the 4 cylinder 5 speed combo, and fun to drive. Could not be happier!

No problems, period! Remote opens side windows, great for hot sunny California summers. Great gas mileage 30-32 MPG with a heavy foot on the gas (70% highway). Plenty of power, good acceleration & top speed (0-60 in 7 sec. Was still accelerating at 120 MPH when I backed off).

Why does the car lock itself when you close the trunk? Don't leave your keys in the car! Paint is a bit thin and easily chips.

Runs Like A Top
By Jim W

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were seeking something to drive together (comfortably) on longer trips. After looking around a little we found the Accord. This car has been amazing. A nice, smooth and quiet ride in a reliable vehicle is what we were looking for and is what we got. We used to dread packing things into the old car in order to take a day trip. Now we look forward to it.

Smooth ride, handles well, great looks, love the XM radio!

Was a little pricey compared to other models. We compared it to the Ford 500 for example. But does hold its value.

Reliable and ages well
By Cmurp

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2005 4Dr LX automatic new. My wife used it as a work vehicle for four years and it was bulletproof. Similar to other reviews, the brakes are the Achilles heel, had the rotors resurfaced twice so far. After the 60000 mile service, rear brakes replaced and new pads. Now no problems. Only replaced the battery and have done normal maintenance up to this point (76000 miles). Interior is simple laid out and the seat cloth ages well. Four cylinder has plenty of power and we average about 25mph in mixed driving, 32 on the highway. Very pleased with this car. So pleased that we bought another Honda product, Acura TL used this month.

Engine power and handling.

Better brakes, better stock radio.