2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 8

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Love this car, has a lot of power
By on the go on 11/30/07 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've had this car for 2 years now and put 60,000 miles on it commuting to work. I'm averaging 32-35mpg, at 75mph. yes, there are other hybrids which will give a lot better gas mileage, and I have test driven a lot of them, but they are gutless in power and do not handle well in turns. This car has the best of both worlds and the quality is better than the others also. The Toyota Prius may be the best out there for saving on gas, but the inside of that car is cheesy and they offer no leather. I'm glad I bought this Honda Accord hybrid. I will sacrifice some mileage for the power, comfort, and quality. Wish Honda would continue to make them. 2006 was the last year.

Accordingly boring!
By James in Fairfax on 11/30/07 06:29 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an '05 EX Sedan 4-cylinder w/ auto. Purchased based on reviews this is a "sporty family sedan". It's not. I had buyer's remorse a week after purchase. Nothing makes me want to drive this car...nothing! It's so boring to drive I need to check my pulse to make sure I'm not sleeping. IMO, this is a two-faced car: Extremely reliable, economical to own, attrative to look at. Yet, it's boring to drive, too large, poor driving qualities, horrible brakes, twitchy steering with placid handling, poor paint quality. Appearance doesn't match the drive. This car has no personality. If driving point A to point B is all that matters...buy an Accord. '08 isn't much better, just bigger!

Happy Owner
By Hal R on 10/25/07 07:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very comfortable good running car. I also own a 2007 Honda Accord V6 and this 4 cyl Accord performs equally as well. It's hard to tell them apart.

Great all around car
By Honda Lover on 09/17/07 23:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX PZEV 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is an all around great car. I get great gas mileage, and still have a car with enought power to accelerate pass other drivers on the interstate. The leather heated seats, moonroof,6 disc cd player, xm radio, steering wheel audio controls, and six airbags are just some of the perks that are standard in the EX model. I own the coupe model and the majority of my friends are 6ft plus tall. They all fit comfortably in the back seat. Aesthetically the care looks terrific. All in all, a great all-around vehicle.

Power vs. Fuel Economy
By RobertFL on 09/17/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have owned the car for a few months now and have had no real problems with the vehicle. Those who are hesitant about the fuel milage, think of it: its a V6 Hybrid, not a 4cyl hybrid. If I wanted to get from point A to point A and 1/2, I would have purchased a 4cyl. For a V6, you cannot beat the fuel mileage. I have a lead foot and average 26 in the city. I get 35 on the highway at 85mph assuming I drive 150 miles. The electric motor only assists the car, not takes over the place of the engine. The engine stops when the car stops and does the A/C compressor. If you shift to a low gear then put it back in place, your car will stay running. I personally like the car. Tons of power.

Accord Coupe
By hondaowner on 09/03/07 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX Special Edition PZEV 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this late in 05 when the 06 models came out. Overall, its a decent car. after 2 years of ownership, I have discovered many issues with the car. Squeaks, rust spots, loose panels, cheaply put together parts, crappy brakes, mysterious noises, rattles etc. the tires are the worst. tranny is a bit wacky. All together, the car is running. It has a fairly reliable powertrain. Other than that, the Honda Accord isn't what it's cracked up to be anymore.

Great Car
By Momma Watson on 07/09/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a mom of two small children. This is a great car for gas mileage, hauling my kids to birthday parties, etc. and I have been a Honda owner since 1994 so I am a firm believer in Hondas. They have never let me down, been very dependable, almost NO maintance at all. But this car has a 4 cylinder engine and it is not a very "fun" car to drive. But it is a great car and we have had no trouble with it at all. Highly recommend.

Great Ride
By unicorn on 06/23/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This is a great car with lots of power and decent fuel economy. Interior is very roomy and comfortable.

Excellent Car
By RWP on 06/21/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in March of 2005, car has been reliable and fun to drive 80 miles each day for work. Gas mileage has been pretty good although the AC does zap mileage more than any other car I've had. Seats are comfortable for short and long drives. Those reviewers who state otherwise haven't adjusted the seats correctly. Back seat leg room is very good for the size of the car.

High Performer
By CarKat on 06/08/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

A fun car with quick response and excellent handling. Plenty of power and good fuel economy. Average about 39-42 MPG highway and 22-25 MPG city driving. The pleasure of driving a high performance V6 with economy of a 4 cylinder car. No problems in 2 years of ownership.Still looks and runs like new.