2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Power vs. Fuel Economy
By RobertFL on 09/17/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have owned the car for a few months now and have had no real problems with the vehicle. Those who are hesitant about the fuel milage, think of it: its a V6 Hybrid, not a 4cyl hybrid. If I wanted to get from point A to point A and 1/2, I would have purchased a 4cyl. For a V6, you cannot beat the fuel mileage. I have a lead foot and average 26 in the city. I get 35 on the highway at 85mph assuming I drive 150 miles. The electric motor only assists the car, not takes over the place of the engine. The engine stops when the car stops and does the A/C compressor. If you shift to a low gear then put it back in place, your car will stay running. I personally like the car. Tons of power.

Accord Coupe
By hondaowner on 09/03/07 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX Special Edition PZEV 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this late in 05 when the 06 models came out. Overall, its a decent car. after 2 years of ownership, I have discovered many issues with the car. Squeaks, rust spots, loose panels, cheaply put together parts, crappy brakes, mysterious noises, rattles etc. the tires are the worst. tranny is a bit wacky. All together, the car is running. It has a fairly reliable powertrain. Other than that, the Honda Accord isn't what it's cracked up to be anymore.

Great Car
By Momma Watson on 07/09/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a mom of two small children. This is a great car for gas mileage, hauling my kids to birthday parties, etc. and I have been a Honda owner since 1994 so I am a firm believer in Hondas. They have never let me down, been very dependable, almost NO maintance at all. But this car has a 4 cylinder engine and it is not a very "fun" car to drive. But it is a great car and we have had no trouble with it at all. Highly recommend.

Great Ride
By unicorn on 06/23/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This is a great car with lots of power and decent fuel economy. Interior is very roomy and comfortable.

Excellent Car
By RWP on 06/21/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in March of 2005, car has been reliable and fun to drive 80 miles each day for work. Gas mileage has been pretty good although the AC does zap mileage more than any other car I've had. Seats are comfortable for short and long drives. Those reviewers who state otherwise haven't adjusted the seats correctly. Back seat leg room is very good for the size of the car.

High Performer
By CarKat on 06/08/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

A fun car with quick response and excellent handling. Plenty of power and good fuel economy. Average about 39-42 MPG highway and 22-25 MPG city driving. The pleasure of driving a high performance V6 with economy of a 4 cylinder car. No problems in 2 years of ownership.Still looks and runs like new.

Excellent car - superior crash performance
By 1st-time Honda Owner on 04/25/07 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned the 2005 Accord EX-L 2.4L 4cyl for exactly two years. Then I took a direct hit in the driver's door from an SUV going 40-50+ mph - and walked away on a cane three days later! Not many sedan car owners can say that!! I have only 2 hairline fractures in my pelvis, which should heal in 6 to 12 weeks. I'm definitely buying another Accord. I also had this vehicle on three New England trips of 3,000 to 5,000 miles each. Very comfortable ride, easy handling. The leather and dual climate controls preempted those temp-related spousal fights so it's worth the extra $1,000 in price.

Accord Hybrid
By Wes on 04/15/07 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Effects of braking took awhile to get use to. Car used in heavy traffic, averages about 27 mpg. Can get 33 mpg on straight hwy. 6 cyl can drink gas depending on driving habits. Great car.

Ownership after 2 Years
By madurbs on 03/04/07 17:34 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have owned. The interior design is excellent. No squeaks, rattles etc. Gas mileage has averaged in the 27-30MPG range in mixed driving. Zero problems. Just regular maintenance intervals thus far. Even as newer models of competition have hit the market I have no regrets.

Love my Accord
By BCV on 12/26/06 09:50 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Accord Coupe EX-L with 4 cyl, all the bells and whistles. I have bought more than a few new cars over the years. This is the first vehicle that I have had that has not had ONE problem requiring dealership attention. Brought it in for its 15K check up and that has been it. The 4 cyl is very powerful, smooth, very economic and the 5 spd manual a breeze to shift. I love the exterior and interior styling, though I know some do not. Just wish they sold their European award winning diesel engine in Canada (in the Coupe of course).