Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Value
By mikeW

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in Dec of 04. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 100K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 100K miles or that the car is 4 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!

good ride
By Ron Fielding

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a traveling vehicle. It far exceeds the mileage ratings. We get from 30 to over 38 on the highway. We have been diagonally across the US, and back. The power of the four engine is amazing. It is comfortable and quiet on the highway. Incidentally, I don't slow for the hills, and most of our driving is at 75 mph speeds, and in a lot of elevation changes. I like the looks, but admit I like the taillight treatment of the 06 and later Accord. I also love the look of the instrument array.

Mileage, power, quietness, comfort.

Great Car Period
By steve

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used with 38,000 miles. Put on 08 Accord wheels and tires and K&N filter. 4 cyl/auto has power to spare and gets great MPG. I have read some of the reviews about power/mpg on the 4 cyl and wonder what car they are driving!!! I am 60 years old and have owned Vetts and GTO's etc etc. While not comparing the Accord with either of these types of vehicles, I will say that for a 4 cyl auto this car is remarkable! So, in my opinion, you can not go wrong with this car.

MPG-Power-Reliability-Style-Huge Trunk and last but not least resale value.

None needed

Standing the test of time
By DV8mAn

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 125,000 miles, I'm still happy. Bulletproof car, great mileage and ride. Feel confident behind the wheel at hwy speeds. Don't want to part with this car until at least 250,000 miles. Only negative is the brakes are too small, so the rotors warp faster than normal. Other than normal maintenance, only issue so far is a dead battery (which could be considered normal).

Comfort, reliability, MPG

Larger brake rotors

3 Years 36K No Problems
By iowahonda

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought our 05 at the end of the model year to get a deal. We're completely happy with it, and have had absolutely no problems. We consistently got 30 mpg city/highway combo, then started getting around 35 mpg once we slowed down on the highway a little. This is a perfect commuter car. Plenty of response and power in traffic. Typical tight Honda feel. No squeaks or rattles ever. This is our 3rd Accord, none ever leaked a drop of oil. Only minor issues are that the seats are a bit firm for long distance driving, the stereo isn't that great, and rear door exit is tight -- have had people hit their heads on the way out.

Performance, reliability, gas mileage.

None!