Used 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Misrepresented gas milage
By Pearl

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I bought my Accord Hybrid in Jan.'05. At that time, the mileage was grossly misrepresented. It has since been adjusted downwards, but I wish I got the mileage they are claiming now. It is a very pleasant car to drive. It should be advertised as a performance car that gets mediocre mileage. The quality of the leather interior is awful. Also, my car did not come with a spare tire. There is a space for one. Cost me $200 to have one installed. Although I will probably keep this car for now, I will not buy another Honda.

Power. XM radio. Quietness.

Offer a cloth interior. Obviously, improve the gas mileage. Find a way to make at least one side of back seat fold down. And please equip it with a spare tire!!! Make it look a little more distinctive.

It goes a Lonfg way
By Jeff Elwell

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I travel to Phila on a regular basis. I've never had the pleasure of traveling to Phila on one tank of gas and having over a eighth of a tank left. It's a very quiet car. Sometimes I must check my tach. to verify that it's running. I love the XM radioin it. I never thought I would but it makes those long drives go faster. Speaking of faster, I've had it up to 120+MPH on more than one occasion. Nothing vibrated or fell off for over 30 seconds at that speed. Even a State troper pulled along side as I was decelerating from one of these high speed events,( I thought I had it), and mouthed a "wow- A hybrid?" along with a please slow down jesture. I did! He let me go . He must have been impressed

Quiet, fun to drive, and pleanty Power to get me into and out of any situation, all with a very high MPG (28 CIty - 38.9 hiway)

Allow the electric engine to engage from a stop to help the gas engine accelerate and improve the gas milage even more. Tail lights have been improved in design for 2006

Zippy Little Car
By CH

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

After driving SUVs for ten years, the Accord Hybrid is a blast to drive. Over 30,000 miles in one year, and the gas savings keep adding up... and Increasing with the continual rise in gas prices. At expressway speeds, I average 32mpg. Style, comfort, pep, and economy. What else could you want.

Acceleration in traffic... this car really has "pep"

"buzzer" instead of "low fuel light". I actually ran out of gas once. Car will go 100 additional miles when the light comes on.

Pleased Hybrid Owner
By DT

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Car is great. Over 70 MPH and mileage drops between 31-33 MPG, but other than that it's great.

Navigation

Larger CD changer.

Hybrid: not up to expectations
By berrytarte

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have always loved Honda vehicles and at first glance this looked to be a great way to lower my fuel costs and payments. As time went by, I realized that I would have been much happier with a regular Accord. I am not getting the fuel mileage that the hybrid was supposed to have. I have also realized that the missing trunk space does become a factor when you are making a trip with several people. There is also a strange "lag" in the engine between 40 and 50 mph that I just cannot adjust to. The switching between hybrid and gas engines provides a very jerky feel when you are driving at those speeds.

I love the feel of the car, the leather and the way the controls are set. The XM radio has been great to listen to. It has a great exterior style.

There needs to be smoother transition betweeen gas and hybrid engines. I would also like to see them inlcude a full size spare tire. They need to give consumers accurate mpg ratings. This is the primary reason most people would buy the car.