2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Loyal Accord LX
By Mandy on 05/30/08 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car, I purchased it in 1/07 certified. The only problem I have had is with the power steering pump. Being certified Tempe Honda has taken care of all concerns. I love the size and trunk space. I am not a fan of the style.

Bye Acura!
By namadnav on 05/28/08 21:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've always been a big fan of Acura tl's but since U.S. economy sucks lately, I had to downgrade (or so I thought). I bought an 05 Accord ex with everything, from tire pressure sensors, to heated seats, XM and navi. Features that I never had on my 2000 rl. Gas mileage is great, handing is awesome. Styling is just as good as Acuras. Speed is ok, but for the price? You just cant beat it! Oh did I mention 100k warranty? From burnt light bulb to blown engine, they cover it at no cost. Buy one!

There Are Better Cars Out There
By Nick on 05/14/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car last year for my wife after she was in an accident in her Honda Civic. I knew she loves Honda's and Honda has a reputation of having safe, reliable, fuel efficient, and fun- to-drive vehicles. So, we purchased a fully-loaded v6 and regrettably, I wished I went with my first instinct and got something else. This car has been in the shop so far 4 times and now the check engine light comes on. I have not been impressed with the mpg either. Avg city/highway is 20 mpg. There are plenty of better vehicles out there so don't waste your money on this one. If you have low back problems, this car will hurt your back on long trips. Very uncomfortable.

Not worth the hype
By t60 on 04/04/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Honda Accord because I know Honda has a good name, but I am disappointed with the overall performance. Perhaps I should have gotten a V6, because you have to "gun" the car to get it to go and the tachometer is well over 2,000 rpms even at lower speeds, like 50 mph. The Camry is probably a better choice, provides a much smoother ride and better acceleration.

Skeptic Won Over
By Chicago Skeptic on 03/14/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

From a family of John Deere and Chevrolet people, it was a breach of etiquette for me to buy a Japanese car. After three years, this is one of the best products I have ever bought...not just the best car. You normally expect some problems with a car like losing pickup, chipped paint, lose a water pump, brakes go early, something...I guess I am just used to what Chevrolet is putting out. My Accord however, has been perfect. The gas mileage is not great, but for a performing V-6 the mileage is just fine. For better mileage get the V-4, but on teh tollway I need the V-6 acceleration.

Converted Honda fan
By Jeffislouie on 03/08/08 00:19 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned a Honda before this. My previous cars were all fast, fun and sporty. When my last car began having serious problems, I decided to take a look at the Accord. The 4 cylinder model isn't a road racer, but I've found that this car as a whole is one of the finest overall I have ever driven. Agile, light, and confortable, my problem free Accord has been nothing short of trustworthy, fun, frugal, and perfect. Would I like a big horsepower car? Sure. Would I give up my Accord in a Chicago winter? Nope. I'm keeping mine for a long time. This will eventually become my winter car that I will use to supplement the sports car. Even still, my Accord drives great and is perfect.

Not Trading 2005 for 2008!
By ABQGeo on 03/07/08 15:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2005 EX V6 for over 3 years now and have decided to hang onto it for a few more years, because I think the new body style is ugly! Right before the warranty expired, the whole transmission needed to be replaced. Challenging myself to get the highest MPG's I could, I recently achieved over 37 MPG's on a trip on the highway, never exceeding 65 mph and being very gentle on the accelerator. Can't beat that for efficiency! Other than the transmssion, I've had no problems with the car, so I'm hanging onto it. Compared to American sedans I drive at work, the steering and suspension feel "alive" and connected to me.

Accord buyer for life so far
By amaddal708 on 03/05/08 10:37 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Minus normal wear and tear the car has held up perfect almost. Seem's to have a slight rattle from interior finish at highway speeds but besides that minus and misalighnment the car is great overall.Best overall car I have owned yet. Only the Eclipse of 98 was more fun to drive. I would buy this car again for their 2009 model possibly. The four cylinder has plenty of power you would believe it was a four.

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By Melissa on 11/30/07 23:45 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had 3 trouble-free years with my Accord. Two accidents left me fine, and the car (repaired) is back in perfect condition. I average 32 mpg with mostly freeway driving. Beside the typical maintenance, I've had to do nothing to it. It's roomy with high quality interior materials. In short, I love it. It's not a highly exciting car, but I knew that before I purchased it. I will continue to purchase Hondas.

Love this car, has a lot of power
By on the go on 11/30/07 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've had this car for 2 years now and put 60,000 miles on it commuting to work. I'm averaging 32-35mpg, at 75mph. yes, there are other hybrids which will give a lot better gas mileage, and I have test driven a lot of them, but they are gutless in power and do not handle well in turns. This car has the best of both worlds and the quality is better than the others also. The Toyota Prius may be the best out there for saving on gas, but the inside of that car is cheesy and they offer no leather. I'm glad I bought this Honda Accord hybrid. I will sacrifice some mileage for the power, comfort, and quality. Wish Honda would continue to make them. 2006 was the last year.