2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Not worth the hype
By t60 on 04/04/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Honda Accord because I know Honda has a good name, but I am disappointed with the overall performance. Perhaps I should have gotten a V6, because you have to "gun" the car to get it to go and the tachometer is well over 2,000 rpms even at lower speeds, like 50 mph. The Camry is probably a better choice, provides a much smoother ride and better acceleration.

Skeptic Won Over
By Chicago Skeptic on 03/14/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

From a family of John Deere and Chevrolet people, it was a breach of etiquette for me to buy a Japanese car. After three years, this is one of the best products I have ever bought...not just the best car. You normally expect some problems with a car like losing pickup, chipped paint, lose a water pump, brakes go early, something...I guess I am just used to what Chevrolet is putting out. My Accord however, has been perfect. The gas mileage is not great, but for a performing V-6 the mileage is just fine. For better mileage get the V-4, but on teh tollway I need the V-6 acceleration.

Converted Honda fan
By Jeffislouie on 03/08/08 00:19 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned a Honda before this. My previous cars were all fast, fun and sporty. When my last car began having serious problems, I decided to take a look at the Accord. The 4 cylinder model isn't a road racer, but I've found that this car as a whole is one of the finest overall I have ever driven. Agile, light, and confortable, my problem free Accord has been nothing short of trustworthy, fun, frugal, and perfect. Would I like a big horsepower car? Sure. Would I give up my Accord in a Chicago winter? Nope. I'm keeping mine for a long time. This will eventually become my winter car that I will use to supplement the sports car. Even still, my Accord drives great and is perfect.

Not Trading 2005 for 2008!
By ABQGeo on 03/07/08 15:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2005 EX V6 for over 3 years now and have decided to hang onto it for a few more years, because I think the new body style is ugly! Right before the warranty expired, the whole transmission needed to be replaced. Challenging myself to get the highest MPG's I could, I recently achieved over 37 MPG's on a trip on the highway, never exceeding 65 mph and being very gentle on the accelerator. Can't beat that for efficiency! Other than the transmssion, I've had no problems with the car, so I'm hanging onto it. Compared to American sedans I drive at work, the steering and suspension feel "alive" and connected to me.

Accord buyer for life so far
By amaddal708 on 03/05/08 10:37 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Minus normal wear and tear the car has held up perfect almost. Seem's to have a slight rattle from interior finish at highway speeds but besides that minus and misalighnment the car is great overall.Best overall car I have owned yet. Only the Eclipse of 98 was more fun to drive. I would buy this car again for their 2009 model possibly. The four cylinder has plenty of power you would believe it was a four.

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By Melissa on 11/30/07 23:45 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had 3 trouble-free years with my Accord. Two accidents left me fine, and the car (repaired) is back in perfect condition. I average 32 mpg with mostly freeway driving. Beside the typical maintenance, I've had to do nothing to it. It's roomy with high quality interior materials. In short, I love it. It's not a highly exciting car, but I knew that before I purchased it. I will continue to purchase Hondas.

Love this car, has a lot of power
By on the go on 11/30/07 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've had this car for 2 years now and put 60,000 miles on it commuting to work. I'm averaging 32-35mpg, at 75mph. yes, there are other hybrids which will give a lot better gas mileage, and I have test driven a lot of them, but they are gutless in power and do not handle well in turns. This car has the best of both worlds and the quality is better than the others also. The Toyota Prius may be the best out there for saving on gas, but the inside of that car is cheesy and they offer no leather. I'm glad I bought this Honda Accord hybrid. I will sacrifice some mileage for the power, comfort, and quality. Wish Honda would continue to make them. 2006 was the last year.

Accordingly boring!
By James in Fairfax on 11/30/07 06:29 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an '05 EX Sedan 4-cylinder w/ auto. Purchased based on reviews this is a "sporty family sedan". It's not. I had buyer's remorse a week after purchase. Nothing makes me want to drive this car...nothing! It's so boring to drive I need to check my pulse to make sure I'm not sleeping. IMO, this is a two-faced car: Extremely reliable, economical to own, attrative to look at. Yet, it's boring to drive, too large, poor driving qualities, horrible brakes, twitchy steering with placid handling, poor paint quality. Appearance doesn't match the drive. This car has no personality. If driving point A to point B is all that matters...buy an Accord. '08 isn't much better, just bigger!

Happy Owner
By Hal R on 10/25/07 07:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very comfortable good running car. I also own a 2007 Honda Accord V6 and this 4 cyl Accord performs equally as well. It's hard to tell them apart.

Great all around car
By Honda Lover on 09/17/07 23:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX PZEV 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is an all around great car. I get great gas mileage, and still have a car with enought power to accelerate pass other drivers on the interstate. The leather heated seats, moonroof,6 disc cd player, xm radio, steering wheel audio controls, and six airbags are just some of the perks that are standard in the EX model. I own the coupe model and the majority of my friends are 6ft plus tall. They all fit comfortably in the back seat. Aesthetically the care looks terrific. All in all, a great all-around vehicle.