Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2005 Honda Accord EX-L 4 Cyl.
By Mike P

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car. Very Happy with it. My first Accord and would recommend this year and model to anyone.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control. Heated seats. Radio controls on steering wheel. Power driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

I do not like that the AC / Heat fan automatically jumps to full blast when making adjustments from one area to another, i.e. from dashboard vent to windshield. Its annoying and feels like being micro-managed.

Fantastic Car
By Eric

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in 07. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 130K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 130K miles or that the car is 5 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!

Middle of the Road Value
By DMM

2005 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car runs alright overall. Maintenance is medium level. Braking and road noise is fairly high, not something I expected from Honda. Also, either the front or rear brake needs replacement every year. At 71,000 miles, the oxygen sensor failed, costing 300 dollars at the dealership to repair. This seems a common failure in Honda cars.

Favorite Features

Design simplicity; good mileage

Suggested Improvements

better sound insulation to reduce noise in the passenger cabin; smoother brakes

Reliability & joy
By Super auto

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have driven this auto for 46,000 moles with most of it in town but have two trips of over 2,000 mile each time from here to Galvestan, Texas. On each trip to Galvestan I usually drove at 70-80 mph . The car holds road excellent and still has power to pass in excess of this speed when necessary. I had trouble with a humming noise while driving. Had installed a canceling kit which cost me $600 on August 2008. I've had no mechanical problems or body work done. I am keeping written evidence of purchases of gas for the past 12,000 miles and getting about 36 mpg on highway and 25-30 in town. I wish Honda still made Accord Hybrids. Over all I have not owned a better car than this one!

Favorite Features

Power, riding comfort, miles per gallon of gas and overall satisfaction of ownership.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger electrical seat adjustment and back-up related noise activator and sight. Side mirror addition to eliminate blind spots.

Far below expectation
By FrustedUser

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the new from the dealer but did not buy extended warranty since I bought the Honda. The power steering was replaced at 30K miles and now the automatic transmission needs to be replaced at 45K miles. The dealer quoted $4000 for new transmission. Fuel Pump relay was replaced as part of the recall. This has been a real disappointment and this is my last Honda ever.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Warranty of 3 yr / 36000 miles is very bad. Should be at least 5 year 60K miles.