2005 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Would be perfect if I went V6.
By Bo on 06/19/05 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 8 months now. I love everything about it. One thing I regret is not getting a manual tranny, since they were out of stock at the time. The V6 is awesome in terms of power, but I could not afford it at the time. And the look of it took time to grow on me, but I did get the OEM Aero-kit (HFP), which is just amazing. I think in the price range, there is no other car I would have gotten.

If it was made in Japan.......
By dissapointed on 06/16/05 22:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First time Honda Experience and the biggest dissapointment so far. Leased in March , a month later annoying noises at the curtain airbag,rear seatbelt - had to be fixed , scrape sounds when changing gears 1-2 - Honda have no clue how to fix it....two months later - rear speaker is going off + annoying sounds when AC turned on ...Come on ..have 1400 miles on it and it seems that the car will fall apart at 10000 or so...

Excellent car
By Abbey on 06/15/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I spent a couple months looking for a replacement for my mustang GT convertible. This is definitely the best choice when it comes to looks/comfort/value. I had an impression of Hondas to be plain but this car was surprising luxurious. I test drove the Altima and Maxima SL prior to buying this car. In comparison, the Accord has superior interior (aluminum?/metal panels are beautiful), comparable stereo sound and HP, and are $3000 less. Everything is placed well ergonomically, and the exterior is very sharp. I wasn't looking for XM radio but it has turned out to be one of my fav features of the car.

6 Speed Coupe Makes for Lively Commute
By MHK on 06/12/05 21:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Been commuting in Hondas since 1989-- two Civics and one Accord, all 4- cylinder 5-speeds. All very reliable, intelligently designed, and peppy enough to pass (as long as you were already moving--and didn't have the AC on). The 6-speed coupe is a very large performance leap from the 4-cyl. Accord. A little low on torque (210 lbs.), 1st gear is something you want to punch and get out of; 2d gear, conversely, will knock your head back. Uphill acceleration is phenomenal (even with the AC on). Shifting is very smooth and intuitive. While this car loves RPMs in the 4-6k range, it is also very much at home in stop and go traffic. Love the fact that this 6- speed takes REGULAR gas. 16k and no probs.

My 3rd Honda 2nd Accord
By gpk on 06/09/05 21:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the performance of my Accord. The grey color is awesome. Seats are awesome. Excellent leg room as well.

Our return to Honda
By David T on 06/08/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this car for my Wife and 16 year old daughter to share. The quality is as excellent as expected and the performance is just right for it's intended use. We almost purchased the new VW Jetta, then came to our senses and walked next door then drove home with the new Accord Coupe. Whew! that was a close call. There is no comparison. We are very pleased with our purchase and just really like this car.

Honda Accord EX v-6 Coupe w/navi
By Ryan on 05/30/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car! i am very happy with my purchase. I looked at the nissan altima, 350z, mustang gt, and knew this was it. i traded in a 01 mustang gt conv. I am very happy with my decision. Its almost as fast as my mustang, handles very well, and looks great. I love the sunroof and the navi. The design is great. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing. right now im averaging 18.2 mpg but i have been doing a lot of sitting and driving through neighborhoods looking for homes. I also i live in Phoenix so you need to use the dual zone climate control a lot(110 today)! This car is very smooth and fast. I got a ticket on the way home from the dealership (70 in a 55 on the fwy). GREAT CAR!

Love driving this car!
By dnelson on 05/27/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 50+. I wanted a sporty, good looking, powerful (quick when I needed it), full featured, fun to drive, and reasonable gas mileage car without paying exorbitant price. Wow! Got all I wanted with the 6 cyl 2dr coupe -- with sun/moon roof. Tried Mustang, 350Z, 2 different Mazda's, Acura, and others. Nothing compared when considering power, comfort, styling, carrying room (for trips), economy, reliability, and price.

Completely In Love
By CourtneyM1979 on 05/23/05 20:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I haven't even had my Accord coupe for a month yet but I know that I struck gold when I picked this car. The performance is excellent considering that it is a 4 cyl (no problems merging onto highways). I considered waiting a year to buy an Acura TL, but the Accord has almost everything the TL does plus it's sportier because of the 2-door option and more importantly, much less expensive but every bit as reliable. No regrets here!

Great Car
By DB on 05/17/05 11:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted the sedan but they dont make the V6 with a manual in the sedan. So I bought A saphire blue Two door with black leather interior. The car is my 4th Honda and they only get better. This car still pulls from 65 mph in 6th gear! 17in wheels and nice.