2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Impressions after 2 weeks
By GeoP on 11/24/04 16:06 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for only two weeks now, but have formed some initial impressions. Pros: Quiet engine and smooth ride, almost no wind noise at highway speeds; gorgeous interior styling and color coordination (in Ivory leather); tilt/telescope steering wheel; comfortable, highly adjustable, heated driver's seat; fantastic satellite radio with controls in steering wheel; plenty of power at higher RPM's. Cons: questionable sales tactics by Honda dealer; just adequate power at lower RPM's; nasty creak/squeek at base of windshield over sharp bumps; a couple misaligned plastic pieces in console; tinny sounding when little rocks thrown up by tires hit underbody; high-pitched sound when playing CD's

Awsome Car!
By Corso77 on 11/23/04 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Couldn't be happier. This car is a sports car and family car all in one. Lots of fun to drive and its very fast.

The V6 is built in the US, poor quality.
By TLauer on 11/17/04 19:14 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned four accords so far, and they've always been great. My wife wanted an automatic, and the 4-cylinder was awfully gutless. Test drove the V6, and excitedly bought it. I've noticed many small quirks with the car since then - rattles, hard starting, squeaks, and an intermittent engine light flashing. All problems I've never experienced with an accord - let alone one that is 3 months old! Later I come to find out that the V6 cars are built in the USA. I may not have purchased the car had I known this. The 4cyl. cars are still produced in Japan, thankfully. If I had wanted a rattly, hard starting car with intermittent warnings, I could have saved around ten thousand and went with GM.

Third Accord
By DesertCoupe on 11/16/04 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda Accord. I traded in a 2003 Mustang GT for this fully loaded Accord Coupe and couldn't be happier. The car is fun to drive and the ride is excellent. I upgraded to the Honda 17" Wheels and the car looks awesome!! I would recommend this car to anyone. A great ride!!

My first Honda
By drh9485 on 11/15/04 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As a diehard GM customer my whole life, it took alot of convincing to purchase my first Honda. But the price and reputation could not be ignored. I regret waiting so long before I made this first purchase. This car is incredible. It's V6 acceleration is unbelieveable for a mid-size sedan. I love the handling and the support the seats give my back. Since it's a Honda, I don't ever expect to be back to the dealer for warranty work. By this time, any new GM car I owned would have been back to the dealer at least two times. My next car/van will be a Honda.

Great Car!!
By Andy in Indy on 11/09/04 11:17 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Accord, and the best yet. Just got it on Friday....dark red with gray interior. The extra horses in the V6 compared to the prior model is really noticeable. Great interior features.

Such a great car I had to rate it
By justinltg on 11/08/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Coming off a 2002 Accord EX V6, I was quite impressed with the 05 EX V6. I had originally set my sites on an acura TL, but if you can deal with the Accord not driving like a sports car and dont need the crazy stereo of the TL, than the Accord EX is for you. The leather, interior, and performance is all "Acuress". I am very happy with this purchase. Plus its a Honda, I can put 200K on it with out any worries!

awesome..totally awesome!!
By rjblue on 11/07/04 21:56 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

i have the EX-V6 and the power is there when i need to accelarate very quickly. very effective brakes, low road noise and handling is nimble but the ride is on the stiff side.

best accord ever
By willie sosa on 11/06/04 08:52 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

nice car

Best Midsize
By Kayla on 11/04/04 16:41 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Accord. First was a 2001 that had no problems (except a sqeaky brake pedal). This '05 has reduced wind noise, a smoother ride, and excellent safety ratings. My gas mileage has also improved. I get 28- 30 of mixed city/highway driving. Interior is excellent. I'm not crazy about the exterior styling, but it is growing on me. The added spoiler improves its looks.