Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

No surprises!
By MSH

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

No surprises as it's an Accord. There is a reason why you see so many of these out there - great car for the price (well under MSRP). Don't recommend Ed Voyles Honda - they sold us a demo (4K miles) in which we found paperwork in the glovebox as we were leaving the lot that was for bodywork from an accident! ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE! Dealer made it right by offering us an identical brand new Accord for same price (under $21K) but what if that paperwork had not been in glove box? Great car, great 5-speed auto trans, nice interior. Gas mileage very good, and maintenance costs should be very low, but will NEVER return to this dealer - Ed Voyles Marietta.

Favorite Features

Very well designed interior. Comfortable seats, and the 5-speed auto is never caught in the wrong gear (do you hear that, VW??)

Suggested Improvements

Not much - memory seats would be nice.

New to Hybrids
By Richard

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This high end hybrid has met and exceeded my expectations so far. It did require me to change my driving habits to meet and exceed the EPA fuel economy ratings. I have learned to keep my eye on the average miles per gallon read out to adjust my foot on the pedal. So far after 90 days, I get 29+ around town and at least 37 on the highway.

Favorite Features

Interior appointments are great and the navigation system is fun to use. May average for around town and highway is currently about 35 mpg. I hope I can keep it up. The satellite radio is fun as well.

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights and auto door locks would be welcome additions

NICE
By silver05accord

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

THIS CAR IS AWESOME....YOU GOTTA GET IT....Dont waste ur money on that american auto crap...its all about teh japaneese reliablity and quality....this car is real quick too...i took it out on teh road with a stop watch...0-60 mph is exactly 6.0 secs, real nice for the v6...ACCORD!!!!

Favorite Features

ENGINE,interior design, exterior design, basically everything

Suggested Improvements

option for xenon headlights (going to spend around 500 to get them custom), option for a premium sound system with a sub...the system right now is pretty good but u gotta have the sub

This is a awesome commuting car!!!
By Point A to B, Great!

2005 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a awesome commute car, The gas mileage is really good even though its a mid-size sedan. I was torn between the civic and the accord, but the miles per gallon isn't that much different. For few bucks more you can get a bigger, more powerful and just as economical car, the accord. I would recommend %100!!!

Favorite Features

standard side curtain airbags power windows height adjustment bright speedometer

Suggested Improvements

make the power locks standard on the VP

Another perfect Accord
By Steven

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this Accord to replace a BMW 325...really don't miss the BMW. As a former '95 Accord driver, I was wary of the auto shift quality, but the new 5-speed is a huge improvement. 4-cyl power is great, if you think you need a V6, you're probably wrong. (V6 would be nice on long freeway upgrades, that's about it). Handling is decent, definitely not sharp like the BMW, but the tires are made for mileage, not grip. Brakes are so-so, an area Honda could definitely address next time around. Amazing seats, almost as good as Volvos I've ridden in, and that's saying something. Only regret is I wish I'd shelled out for the EX with Leather...this car is actually worth the splurge...

Favorite Features

Responsive drivetrain, fantastic seats, very solid and quiet road manners. Transmission holds a gear, you can shift with the throttle, and does not hunt. Rarely caught flat- footed. Car merges well.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are not what they could be. Exterior design is funky, Honda overcorrected on the design. Unlike most people I object more to the front than the back.