2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Better than expected
By David on 12/05/04 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

With a daughter in college, we needed a practical, economical car. Choice came down to the Accord and Mazda 3 (a good car). Decided to spend the extra for the Accord -- good choice! The car is quiet, comfortable, and handles very well. Controls are logical and easy to use. The adjustible steering column makes finding an ideal driving position easy. Knew of Honda's quality, just did not expect this car to be as comfortable as our former 92 Lexus ES 300. Handles much better than the Camry.

Great Value
By Richard A Ellingstad on 12/04/04 21:30 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We are very satisfied with the styling,practicality and options on this vehicle. We got a good price and a good trade in deal on our 2003 Honda Accord.

What's the big deal?
By Don Johnson on 12/04/04 10:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can't believe I bought this thing. It's rather bland styling turns me off, I feel like I was sold a bill of goods... It seems very reliable, but once I've driven it for roughly 1,500 miles, I wish I'd have not completed this purchase. You guys rate the seats a maximum score on comfort...my rear tells me different. The outside is bland...plain, boring. I still can't believe I listened to my salesman. Kudos to him, he SOLD me.

I Love This Car
By JWG on 12/02/04 23:49 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Where to start? The engine (V6) is smooth and powerful (240hp). The automatic transmission is quick to downshift and the spacing between the gears helps give quick starts off the line. While in 5th gear is only taching 2400rpm at 80 mph for good fuel economy (avg 27 mpg in 70% highway driving). It handles well with little body lean, yet is quiet and absorbs bumps gracefully. The interior is high quality, very comfortable and for a coupe, pretty spacious. The true cost of ownership (considering depreciation), is only a little more than a Dodge Neon over 5 years. It has top safety rating in all categories. Though it's not the best in its class at any 1 thing, it is very good at everything

2005 Accord EX - The Perfect Sedan-
By treihing on 12/02/04 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

There is so much to say about my 2k5 Accord EX-L. The features I love are as follows: XM Satellite Radio, Dual Climate Control, 6-Disc In-Dash CD, Heated Seats, Great Quality Leather and Huge Trunk Space. Gas Milage is damn good at 24mph in the City - This is the mileage stated on the stick and the mileage I have seen. The overall drive and performance is incredible. The drive is as smooth as any luxury car if not better. Overall, this car is a steal at $22,100.00 - Stick is $25,015.00. There is room to negotiate so hit the dealer hard for a good price.

Honda Accord
By MaryD on 12/01/04 12:52 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive my honda over 100 miles a day, and it has never let me down. It is a very fun car to drive.

Great Car
By 2005 Accord on 11/28/04 12:58 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2005 Accord replaced our 1999 Accord. It's a much better car than the previous generation. It is the best midsized sedan on the market today. Bought the car thru the internet department, and recived a great price.

Our 5th Honda
By Speedbird on 11/25/04 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

EX V6 with leather makes this a great value luxury vehicle. Great highway ride. Brakes superb. MPG seems to be better that 30.

Impressions after 2 weeks
By GeoP on 11/24/04 16:06 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for only two weeks now, but have formed some initial impressions. Pros: Quiet engine and smooth ride, almost no wind noise at highway speeds; gorgeous interior styling and color coordination (in Ivory leather); tilt/telescope steering wheel; comfortable, highly adjustable, heated driver's seat; fantastic satellite radio with controls in steering wheel; plenty of power at higher RPM's. Cons: questionable sales tactics by Honda dealer; just adequate power at lower RPM's; nasty creak/squeek at base of windshield over sharp bumps; a couple misaligned plastic pieces in console; tinny sounding when little rocks thrown up by tires hit underbody; high-pitched sound when playing CD's

Awsome Car!
By Corso77 on 11/23/04 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Couldn't be happier. This car is a sports car and family car all in one. Lots of fun to drive and its very fast.