Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

The First Honda
By BOH

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the vehicle and decided to break it fast (fast at startups, etc.)in order to get a faster car. It worked fine with all the Toyotas I owned, and appears to do the same with this one. This is contrary to what is being recommended by Honda, s-l-o-w starts and no acceleration the first few hundred miles. I like the the stiff suspension and very tight steering feel. The car came with 27 lbs. of pressure in the Michelins, which was raised to 32 and 30 respectively to improve the handling. Pretty solid all around handling car. Time will tell if I decide to keep it for a longer haul.

Suggested Improvements

The all around visibility should be improved. Decrease the height of the body and increase the height of the windows, as I'm finding dead spots especially to the passenger side of the unit.

Honda Accord Hybrid
By Pat Leblanc

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Absolutely love this car. Have 10,000 KM since purchased on April 2 (It's August now)and I am averaging 8.4 l/100 KM for the entire life of the car. Handling is great for a large sedan with acceleration extremely quick and impressive. The electric motor seems like it is pulling you along. Would never even think about purchasing an Acura TL. Best feature - when I am picking up my wife I stop in the parking lot with my foot on the brake and enjoy the A/C without the engine running. Note: The review that stated they purchased the first one in Canada, would have to have bought it before April 2, 2005 to beat my purchase.(Did the salesman tell a fib???)

Favorite Features

Electric Motor during acceleration

Suggested Improvements

More electric operation at lower speeds.

Disappointed
By Disappointed

2005 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My brand new Honda windows started to rattle every morning in one place, then rattle another place in the evening from the 2 week that I brought it home. I bought the car into the shop to have it repair 4 times, but each time, there was no success, in addition, the dash board started to rattle, then something in my visor started to rattle, and they had to change out the visor and patten down the doors to stop the windows from rattling. In the end, it still rattles and they told me "it's the nature of the car". Over all, this is my first and last Honda. I have owned this car for about a year and will most definetly trade it in for another vehicle.

Favorite Features

Sound system...

Suggested Improvements

Interior and Exterior quality, seems like the rattling starts at the windows and then work it's way around the car.

Newbob1
By NewBob

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I am very impressed with the power that the Accord 4-door Sedan Hybrid's V6 engine with 255hp has. Addtionally, the car handles so smoothly and is so quite it sometimes is hard to realize the motor's even running. I have gotten the gas mileage the EPA expects while on road trips, but slightly less while taking in-town trips.

Favorite Features

The dashboard instruments are easy to see and most helpful.

Suggested Improvements

I am rather large, so the seats could be a bit wider to accommodate large hips.

Love my Honda
By jim kent

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Accord and totally different than all previous ones. Honda has outdone themselves! A great driving machine and quite comfortable.

Favorite Features

X-M radio

Suggested Improvements

Possibly a little better styling on the rear.