Used 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My 2005 HAH @ 12,000 miles
By EllenC

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

My work commute is 40+ miles round trip in mixed urban/suburban driving and I get about 32 mpg. On a recent highway trip, with some rolling terrain, it was about 40 mpg. I bought the 2005 Accord Hybrid because it had the V6 "giddy-up" that's needed for the crazy traffic conditions in our area, combined with great eco-friendly fuel economy. Although he may disagree, I find it as fun to drive as my husband's BMWs...the 3 series, the 530i, or the 745i. I only wish that it had a power passenger seat, auto-tinting mirrors, and bluetooth technology.

I only wish that it had a power passenger seat, auto-dimming mirrors, and bluetooth technology.

Great Car - Much Better Mileage
By Russ

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This car, at 25 mpg city/34mpg highway, is underrated for fuel economy when the majority is highway driving. The cylinder management system, that shuts down 3 cyl. when cruising, is what really saves on fuel. We drive TX-MA-TX each year and have been averaging just short of 40mpg on those two trips and 33 mpg for total average. With 255 hp gas engine, it has plenty of pep.

Cylinder management system. Voice activated NAV system.

More distinctive exterior styling to differentiate the hybrid from the regular Accord sedan.

Disappointing Gas Mileage
By Marshall

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I traded in a Land Rover Discovery II for this car. I was hoping to get mid 30s gas mileage and have been extremely disappointed. I drive equal highway and city and hoped that I would hit the mid-range of the EPA estimate. I have only made more than 30 mpg on three tanks and I have tailored my driving to keep the "Econ" light illuminated as much as possible. I actually thought there was something wrong with the car and took it back to the dealership. I was told that additives in the gas lowered the mileage. I like the "get up and go" of this car but am truly diappointed with the gas mileage. The odometer and the computer differed in their mpg rating, by as much as 1.5mpg.

Navigation System

Lower the horsepower and increase mpg. The car has plenty of power. I bought a hybrid for saving $$$ on gas not on the idea of having increased horsepower.

Trying to bond with my Hybrid Accord
By Sarita226

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I own the Accord hybrid with navigation system because I have no sense of direction. There are a few turns left to be desired with the Navi, but that's not an auto flaw. This is a terrific car, but I have not yet bonded with it, 17 months later, and I don't know why. If I could figure out what other car I'd prefer, I'd sell this one and buy that one. I often forget to lock the car, not yet accustomed to the electic locks and key

Love the electric windows - this is the first car I've owned with them, and have gotten accustomed to them very fast.

Love my Accord hybrid
By George

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Excellent car, it is comfortable and fast with good handling. My overall mileage for the last 8000 miles is 30.7. Probably representing about 70% city driving. In local suburban driving I get from a low of 25 mpg if it is a shopping trip with lots of stops and starts, to 30 mpg in more typical point to point trips. On the highway the mileage at 70 mpg ranges from 34 to 43 depending on wind and other factors. My average highway is probably about 37.

I love monitoring the mileage meters and watching the regenerative breaking recharge the battery. A real "conservation of energy" machine.

Larger font size for the the mileage meters above the steering column. Rocker switches for the heated seats are easy to turn on accidently due to their location.