Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

5th honda and ready for my 6th
By 2manyhondas

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got the V6 this time and am amazed that a 3.0 L performs this well. It's a little sluggish in the handling dept but I was not expecting an S2000. I thought the brakes were extremely touchy until I changed them to a different compound. In fact, the only real complaint I have is that this car is very difficult to drive smoothly. Touch the accelerator too hard and it launches, whipping heads back. Breathe on the brake pedal and heads are lurching forward. And the steering has little feel to it, its too easy. I get 29 - 31 mpg on the hwy and about 25 in the city which, from reading other reviews, is pretty good. I have never had a lick of problem with this car and am very satisfied.

Favorite Features

XM Sterio, all the electronic doodads that accompany the nav system like voice activation, acceleration, overall quality

Suggested Improvements

Smoother brakes, better feel in the steering

Never a Honda Again
By Rod

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It must not rain in Japan. Honda routes the air intake toward the bottom of the engine, resulting in sucking in water when driving through a not-that-deep accumulation of water in a road. Cost, $4,000 for a replacement engine. The driver's side window motor failed after four years. Cost, $600. The two oxygen sensors failed after five years. Cost, $500. Now there is a problem with the keyless entry/alarm, which won't lock and arm. All this on a car bought new and currently having 18,000 miles on it and 8,000 miles on the engine. Also, we only get maybe 16 or 17 mpg in town. Should have listened to my wife and bought another Toyota!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Build a car with a smarter air intake location (I was told by the insurance adjuster that this was a common insurance filing with Hondas and Acuras).

Great car very bad gas mileage
By ningamomx3

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far it's been a great car. Plenty of room. No major problems. Just recently the tires starting making a roaring sound. But over all a very nice riding car. Went to SC in it right after we purchased. Very nice ride. Not loving the gas mileage. Ever since I have had the car, I get 24 mpg. I think it being a Honda it should get way better then that.

Favorite Features

Dual control a/c. Heated seats I really love that. Plus the 6 cd changer.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage for sure. Other then that I can't think of anything else.

Just a headache
By brgls

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This was my first import car, and I was not impressed at all. The reliability for the car is great, but small annoying things always go wrong. The driver seat started squeaking and making noises at 38000 miles and no dealership would help me unless I would buy a new $1200 seat. The interior makes bad noises over all the bumps and the I4 engine seems underpowered and noisy. The radio has static everywhere and the speakers are already blown out and I never turned the radio up past half way. The dealership also said this was normal. If you get a Honda, at least don't service one at a Honda dealership.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

Better driver seat design, better radio reception, better speakers, bigger engine, better quality of interior so it could hold up to more than 4 years of use, and better customer service at dealers

2005 Honda Accord EX-L 4 Cyl.
By Mike P

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car. Very Happy with it. My first Accord and would recommend this year and model to anyone.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control. Heated seats. Radio controls on steering wheel. Power driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

I do not like that the AC / Heat fan automatically jumps to full blast when making adjustments from one area to another, i.e. from dashboard vent to windshield. Its annoying and feels like being micro-managed.