Used 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accord Hybrid
By Wes

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Effects of braking took awhile to get use to. Car used in heavy traffic, averages about 27 mpg. Can get 33 mpg on straight hwy. 6 cyl can drink gas depending on driving habits. Great car.

Traction control system does kick in when hydroplaning. Gas mileage excellent for a 6 cylinder.

Car feels more top heavy compared to '99 Accord. Do not trust it as much on turns. Needs bigger cup hodlers. NAV system should be standard.

Buy for performance not fuel economy
By Gregg021161

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I recently bought this model used with only 7200 miles on it. Forget about the 37/29 mpg ratings, I get 20 in the city and 32 when mostly highway driving. But the nice handling and smooth quiet ride made me decide to keep it. I also like the power and many included feature.

Climate controls and in dash 6 CD system.

Improve city mileage.

A Performance Car
By Lin Red

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Bought a new 05 HAH in Apr 06. Honda misjudged the # of cars they could sell and several were left unsold well into 06. I couldn't be happier, since I knew exactly what this car was. It was a Honda Accord EX-V6 with added power and better MPG. It was not a super high MPG car especially in the city. This car has all the Honda traits; great build, quality and dependability. It gives about 25% better real world MPG in the city and highway. My 04 Acura TL gets 18 c/27 h, My 05 HAH gets 24 c/34 h. Very grateful for low emissions and uniqueness of this car. Drove my sister's 2007 TCH. Cost 29500+tax with similar features to HAH. TCH has very good city MPG. Like HAH most other respects.

Honda quality, hybrid uniqueness, power everything, 255 HP, leather heated seats, XM satellite and 6CD changer, highway MPG. Price that I paid. Hope Honda create a plug-in Hybrid.

As much as I like this car, I don't think the IMA in Accord will survive. Honda will need to create something like Toyota HSD to compete. Would like to see Hybrids in Acura line. The tires in HAH should be replaced with Michelin Pilots MXM4. There is a lag when braking to turn and accelerating.

REALLLY Good Car
By ariel10655

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Nothing is better than getting a Hybrid V-6 with quality, reliability, comfort, and performance as the Honda. Especially, since I got it with less than 2000 Mi.and several thousands dollars below a regular V-6 and an 7 year extra warranty (I don't need to justify anymore the price of the car with the gas savings as every reviewer does when testing the car). Just the perfect combination. Starting it is like starting an electric car, no sound. Driving is much more precise than my Camry v-6 my wife's drives. I couldn't believe driving 224 highway Miles trip, in such comfort, and powerful machine would take just 5.2 gallon of reg.gas. The car Is a year old but I can still smell the new car smell when driving

Gas millage,space,performance,Honda quality,looks and drives as regular Accord,Really no need to pay a premium for a Lexus or an Acura. Did I mention better already better gas mileage?

More trunk space, DVD would be nice,

I Love My Honda Accord Hybrid
By Unice R. Yancey

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I own the 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid and appreciate the ingenuity that was put in this car. It is spacious, very comfortable for my 2 hour trips back and forth to work and I did not have to spend a lot of money on gas even when the gas prices were high. I was very cognizance of my speed and the road conditions which limited my gas expenses. I will definitely buy another Honda Hybrid in the next year or so. Thanks Honda!

My favorite feature is the automatic stop during heavy traffic.

I have not experience a flat tire yet but because I am a female, maybe Honda could have on display how to utilize the tire changing equipment. This scares me when I think about pulling the equipment out on a dark and lonely road.