2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Zippy Little Car
By CH on 05/04/06 06:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

After driving SUVs for ten years, the Accord Hybrid is a blast to drive. Over 30,000 miles in one year, and the gas savings keep adding up... and Increasing with the continual rise in gas prices. At expressway speeds, I average 32mpg. Style, comfort, pep, and economy. What else could you want.

Pleased Hybrid Owner
By DT on 04/24/06 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Car is great. Over 70 MPH and mileage drops between 31-33 MPG, but other than that it's great.

Hybrid: not up to expectations
By berrytarte on 04/23/06 18:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have always loved Honda vehicles and at first glance this looked to be a great way to lower my fuel costs and payments. As time went by, I realized that I would have been much happier with a regular Accord. I am not getting the fuel mileage that the hybrid was supposed to have. I have also realized that the missing trunk space does become a factor when you are making a trip with several people. There is also a strange "lag" in the engine between 40 and 50 mph that I just cannot adjust to. The switching between hybrid and gas engines provides a very jerky feel when you are driving at those speeds.

Great car, mileage less than advertised
By chris870 on 04/23/06 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This car is LOADED - only thing missing is a sunroof. Only minor complaint is that the gas mileage should be better - I'm averaging 32ish, and thought I'd be closer to 35-37 mpg. I have 20K miles on it so far, and it seems to be getting a little better.

I Love This Car
By KCMOHondaBoy on 04/15/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I purchased my Honda Accord Hybrid on 7/11/05 and it has about 12,000 miles on it now. It has only been in the shop once for a recall which was a simple software update. Around the city I average 28mpg when I travel I get anywhere from 35 to 40mpg depending on how fast I drive. I do recommed this vehicle. But if you do choose to buy this vehicle make sure you get the Navigation System wish I had, since that is the only extra option.

Nice car but...
By pat on 03/30/06 18:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Good car to drive, but not as fun as previous 96 Accord LX. You notice the weight in corners and stopping but the acceleration during highway merge and passing in straights is wonderful. Not made for cornering. Road noise is intrusive and the radio's tinniness doesn't block out the road noise. Drive feedback through the steering wheel is numbing. Transmission shifting is clunky and noticeable especially during smooth, gradual acceleration. Outstanding ventilation controls and headlights.

Buy this great car as used to save $
By Yossi on 03/25/06 20:28 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I bought this car as used car with only 4500 miles, this car has navigation system and xm radio. I paid $24,500 and spent another $200 to get the spare wheel and tool box of 2006 hybrid, yes of 2006, the special tire I bought at tire shop in much better price. Honda made a stupid mistake with 2005 hybrid on the spare wheel and corrected it on the 2006, however this is the most fun car I ever had, I know that milage is not even close to Toyota Prius but better than all my previous V6 cars, I am a tall guy 6’1, however the driver seat is very comfortable

Wow!
By Ken on 03/24/06 22:26 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Purchased for fuel economy with performance. Fast and quick handling. Runs like a V8. A better riding set of tires would make this car more comfortable on the freeways in CA. The factory Michlin S-8's are hybrid tires for fuel economy- they ride hard. Fuel economy is getting better now at 4,000K. A fuel additive gets us 40MPG Hyway and 30 in the city-best mileage. Average driving is lower at 25/35. Sound system is just ok. Dealer response has been good. I replaced the tire pump with a mini spare. No problems so far. We like the car! Brakes seem too sensitive and have a tendency to grab quickly at low speeds or when coming to a stop.

Love it.
By Edward Roeder on 03/02/06 07:47 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've only had it for 2 months but I love it. Plenty of power, excellent comfort. Averaging 27.0 mpg overall. XM radio built-in a plus. Comfortable seats an well laid out interior.

My first hybrid wont be my last
By JOHN LESESNE on 03/02/06 06:30 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I found the Honda Accord Hybrid to be a better driving machine than my 1995 Buick V8 Park Avenue. Both have excellent gas milage. The comfort level is the same inside the cabin . The Accord is some what sporty also and has great pick up and manuverability . The fuel economy gauges on the Hybrid are a constant reminder of how one's driving habits affects their overall gas mileage. It helps one to adjust to better driving habits that save fuel. I can see better out of this automobile than I can out of any other I have owned. This Hybrid is quite a machine.