Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 370 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car!
By Tom Payne

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I wanted a comfortable commuter and looked at the Lexus ES330 and the new Avalon. When I finally chose the Honda I felt like I compromised, but realize I got everything I wanted. The styling is okay, but it is silky smooth and the build quality is exceptional. I almost boght the 4 cyl and am glad I opted for the V6. The power available is terrific and it makes it more fun for me. If waivering between the two, definitely go with the V6. It has made all the difference in my outlook after commuting 1 hr each way into/out of DC. The favorite car to drive in the family - no question (over 05' Highlander limited, 98' Jetta & 93' Toyota p/u)

Love the Navi, homelink (should be on all models) and especially XM which I could have cared less about when I bought it but love the MLB coverage. Leather interior and quiet cabin are terrific too. Finally, really like the power avail with the V6. Overall build quality is exceptional.

Auto dimming mirrors, daytime running lights, Xenon headlights (I would have paid $650 more for them as an option), and the transmission - while smooth - is slow at times in shifting. Finally, climate control is great for heating but really need to dial it down to to cool the vehicle in summer.

Overall Great Car
By Rich

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for (3) months and 12K miles. Leather seats and interior ergonomics are excellent. Gas mileage has averaged 35 with mostly highway and rural road driving. Manual transmission is effortless in forward gears. Reverse is sometimes difficult getting into gear.

Seating, fuel ecomomy (35 MPG), XM radio, transmission clutch and shifter ease (except reverse)

Orange peel paint, more color options, fix sticky reverse, add trip computer, more engine power

Great buy
By Gatlin

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many Hondas over the years. I still can find a vehicle that beats them for the price. Fit and finish inside and out beats all the competition. Switching from a 2000 Trans Am to an Accord, I thought would be a hard change. But I don’t miss the rattles and road sounds I used to get out of the Pontiac. Going from a 305hp engine to a 160hp was not bad at all. The Accord it quick and gets out of its own way. Just a note it is a lot easier to get my two year old in car seat in the Honda. But when I bought the Pontiac I was in a different situation.

Nice fit and finish to the car over all.

Better audio options. Base radio needs help.

honda hybrid power
By davevro

2005 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has more performance and mpg than I thought possible. It really gets 37 mpg highway and 29 city and is the most responsive car I have ever driven. However I only have 3000 miles on it so all the complication necessary to get mileage and performance may yet bite me.

engine stop at stop signs 3 cylinder cruising extreme acceleration when electric motor kicks in.

the storage container in the center console is tricky to close

Honda for Life
By Sooner In FL

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda and I love it! For a little 4 banger, it has some get up and go. The ride is smooth and the seating is comfortable. XM radio is nice to have and the sound from the radio is pretty good coming from stock equipment. Handling is very responsive, but I do feel a little knock when turning once in a while.

Dual Climate Control; leather heated seats; tinted windows; the interior lighting; steering wheel control of the radio; 8 cup holders; sunroof; and especially the gas milage!!!!!!!

Autostick like the Acura and the 2006 Sonata. Road noise can be dampen.