Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 370 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

NOT boring
By blackntan

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord tends to get slammed in competitors' ads for being 'boring.' Believe me, it's not. In fact, I was originally drawn to the Mazda6 for the sporty nature of the car, but I was wary of the car's unknown build quality and decided to go with a vehicle I knew would hold up over the long haul. I have not been disappointed. The Accord is surprisingly satisfying to drive - it holds a good line in corners, the gearbox is just a step below that in my old Miata, it's quiet, economical, reasonably quick, well-built, and the quality of the interior materials is top-notch. The front seats are exceptionally comfortable, and the power seat makes it easy to find a good driving position.

XM satellite radio, lighted cruise control and radio buttons on the steering wheel, LED instruments, heated leather seats, dual zone/automatic climate control, auto up/down driver's window, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, great seats, back seat room, Honda quality.

Memory buttons for power seats, for more than one driver; anti-glare coating on the radio display for when the sunroof is open.

Funda Honda
By Charlene Klein

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car to drive. Real classy car and comfortable to drive. Handles and hugs the road like a sports car!

I like he sunroof and the cockpit

The dials should be more modern and have a better trim

Not scared of suvs anymore
By BETTE

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had 3 honda civics in a row and i loved them. I decided to go a little bigger because i was too intimidated by the large suvs on the road and the awful way their drivers drove. Now that i'm in a bigger car, i'm a much happier camper. I'm also pleased with the ride, look and (hopefully) reliability (it's still pretty new) of the accord. It feels like a luxury car for me. I'm happy i stepped up a notch.

So far, so good. Holds the road well and stops great in rain or on short, sudden stops.

Too difficult to get the front floor mats out to shake them off.

Awesome!
By char

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i've had honda accords for the past 6 years, and i'll buy another when i'm in the market for a NEW car! My accord is a pleasure to drive, and i feel as proud of it today as I did when i bought my first one. No better car for the money!

reliability and handling

ease of seat belt insertion; the coupling is too far back and is awkward to use

just driving is fun
By wayne woodall

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Accord is a very easy car to drive. I am a older man and have a gut but the seat allows me to adjust for real comfort. The peppy response is great in traffic and makes you think it is a sports car. My fuel mileage is getting better now that I have 27k plus miles. The built in fuel calculator shows on the road mileage of 28 mpg regularly and when I drive a lot in the city it is usually around 24-25 mpg.

Apparently Honda has a slight drift to the right built in and sometimes this is agrivating.