Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

What a LetDown
By Freddy Muggs

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my fifteen year old Acura for the Accord, (because I could not afford a new Acura). What a letdown! My old Acura still rides smoother, accelerates better, and even looks better than my new Accord. Not that the Accord is a piece of junk, but compared to the Acura, fuggetabout it! The noise level is terrible inside. Rain sounds like someone dropping marbles on sheet metal. Other cars' stereos penetrate so loud that I keep checking to see if I fully rolled up the windows. I see on the nameplate that the car is made in Mexico. I wish Honda made it in Japan. I think Honda would not get the reputation it enjoys today if the original cars were made like this one.

Favorite Features

Interior design is very nice. I ordered aftermarket woodgrain panels, and they make me think I'm in a luxury car. The exterior is nice, but plain. The seats are comfortable, but I wish they slid back more so I didn't sit so close to the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Make 'em in Japan again. When I lower the dash brightness at night, the radio is so dim that I can't read it. Fix the 'click' sound when the brake pedal is depressed. This was an Accord problem before-and it's back. And tell the service people to stop saying 'they all do that' or 'thats normal'.

best car ever
By love4car

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Honda Accord is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. The Honda Accord EX-V6 with leather is more than just a car. No words could explain the Accord. All I can say is drive one. I'm not a big fan of imports but i test drove just about everything before i purchased my Accord and i never ever even considered purchasing one but I was there so i said let me drive it... SOLD!

Favorite Features

I love all of the features but if there is one thing that really stands out i would have to say the horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

none

5th honda and ready for my 6th
By 2manyhondas

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got the V6 this time and am amazed that a 3.0 L performs this well. It's a little sluggish in the handling dept but I was not expecting an S2000. I thought the brakes were extremely touchy until I changed them to a different compound. In fact, the only real complaint I have is that this car is very difficult to drive smoothly. Touch the accelerator too hard and it launches, whipping heads back. Breathe on the brake pedal and heads are lurching forward. And the steering has little feel to it, its too easy. I get 29 - 31 mpg on the hwy and about 25 in the city which, from reading other reviews, is pretty good. I have never had a lick of problem with this car and am very satisfied.

Favorite Features

XM Sterio, all the electronic doodads that accompany the nav system like voice activation, acceleration, overall quality

Suggested Improvements

Smoother brakes, better feel in the steering

Great Car Period
By steve

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used with 38,000 miles. Put on 08 Accord wheels and tires and K&N filter. 4 cyl/auto has power to spare and gets great MPG. I have read some of the reviews about power/mpg on the 4 cyl and wonder what car they are driving!!! I am 60 years old and have owned Vetts and GTO's etc etc. While not comparing the Accord with either of these types of vehicles, I will say that for a 4 cyl auto this car is remarkable! So, in my opinion, you can not go wrong with this car.

Favorite Features

MPG-Power-Reliability-Style-Huge Trunk and last but not least resale value.

Suggested Improvements

None needed

My High School dream car
By 92carlover

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Honda Accord LX 5 months ago at 159k miles. It was in good condition, minor outside damage. I was satisfied with the car. Until I noticed the great amount of gas usage. I keep my car fully maintained, oil change, tire rotation & the gas mileage still is HORRIBLE! After two months the radio light came on & off, now its not coming on AT ALL!( alot of reviews say the same thing) Has the power to get up and go overall GOOD car ! Cruise control has a malfunction as well as a HORRIBLE stereo system.

Favorite Features

Keyless remote lets down windows, Power to go at command, Automatic lights, interior lighting when unlocked with keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

Radio lighting and stereo GAS MILEAGE!