2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
It just plain gets the job done
By OR driver on 12/06/04 03:10 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a safe, reliable and ergonomically superb automobile. The styling isa bit vague, certainly not as aggressive as Mazda6 or Altima, however this isn't a sports car, it's a family sedan meant to transport a family in style and that is exactly what it does.

Better than expected
By David on 12/05/04 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

With a daughter in college, we needed a practical, economical car. Choice came down to the Accord and Mazda 3 (a good car). Decided to spend the extra for the Accord -- good choice! The car is quiet, comfortable, and handles very well. Controls are logical and easy to use. The adjustible steering column makes finding an ideal driving position easy. Knew of Honda's quality, just did not expect this car to be as comfortable as our former 92 Lexus ES 300. Handles much better than the Camry.

Great Value
By Richard A Ellingstad on 12/04/04 21:30 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We are very satisfied with the styling,practicality and options on this vehicle. We got a good price and a good trade in deal on our 2003 Honda Accord.

What's the big deal?
By Don Johnson on 12/04/04 10:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can't believe I bought this thing. It's rather bland styling turns me off, I feel like I was sold a bill of goods... It seems very reliable, but once I've driven it for roughly 1,500 miles, I wish I'd have not completed this purchase. You guys rate the seats a maximum score on comfort...my rear tells me different. The outside is bland...plain, boring. I still can't believe I listened to my salesman. Kudos to him, he SOLD me.

2005 Accord EX - The Perfect Sedan-
By treihing on 12/02/04 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

There is so much to say about my 2k5 Accord EX-L. The features I love are as follows: XM Satellite Radio, Dual Climate Control, 6-Disc In-Dash CD, Heated Seats, Great Quality Leather and Huge Trunk Space. Gas Milage is damn good at 24mph in the City - This is the mileage stated on the stick and the mileage I have seen. The overall drive and performance is incredible. The drive is as smooth as any luxury car if not better. Overall, this car is a steal at $22,100.00 - Stick is $25,015.00. There is room to negotiate so hit the dealer hard for a good price.

Great Car
By 2005 Accord on 11/28/04 12:58 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2005 Accord replaced our 1999 Accord. It's a much better car than the previous generation. It is the best midsized sedan on the market today. Bought the car thru the internet department, and recived a great price.

Our 5th Honda
By Speedbird on 11/25/04 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

EX V6 with leather makes this a great value luxury vehicle. Great highway ride. Brakes superb. MPG seems to be better that 30.

Impressions after 2 weeks
By GeoP on 11/24/04 16:06 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for only two weeks now, but have formed some initial impressions. Pros: Quiet engine and smooth ride, almost no wind noise at highway speeds; gorgeous interior styling and color coordination (in Ivory leather); tilt/telescope steering wheel; comfortable, highly adjustable, heated driver's seat; fantastic satellite radio with controls in steering wheel; plenty of power at higher RPM's. Cons: questionable sales tactics by Honda dealer; just adequate power at lower RPM's; nasty creak/squeek at base of windshield over sharp bumps; a couple misaligned plastic pieces in console; tinny sounding when little rocks thrown up by tires hit underbody; high-pitched sound when playing CD's

The V6 is built in the US, poor quality.
By TLauer on 11/17/04 19:14 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned four accords so far, and they've always been great. My wife wanted an automatic, and the 4-cylinder was awfully gutless. Test drove the V6, and excitedly bought it. I've noticed many small quirks with the car since then - rattles, hard starting, squeaks, and an intermittent engine light flashing. All problems I've never experienced with an accord - let alone one that is 3 months old! Later I come to find out that the V6 cars are built in the USA. I may not have purchased the car had I known this. The 4cyl. cars are still produced in Japan, thankfully. If I had wanted a rattly, hard starting car with intermittent warnings, I could have saved around ten thousand and went with GM.

My first Honda
By drh9485 on 11/15/04 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As a diehard GM customer my whole life, it took alot of convincing to purchase my first Honda. But the price and reputation could not be ignored. I regret waiting so long before I made this first purchase. This car is incredible. It's V6 acceleration is unbelieveable for a mid-size sedan. I love the handling and the support the seats give my back. Since it's a Honda, I don't ever expect to be back to the dealer for warranty work. By this time, any new GM car I owned would have been back to the dealer at least two times. My next car/van will be a Honda.