Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nav EX 4 Cyl Accord
By Charles Hotze III

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have gotten up to 42.7 miles per gallon when I was on a trip and not in a hurry. It handles well. Navigation System is outstanding. Leather holding up well to normal use. Wish they would reinstate U.S. availability of a matching telephone connection for hands free operation through the speakers and microphone that are in the car. Literature shows that this used to be available for Motorola and several other phone brands, but Honda of America has taken this feature away from the U.S. buyer. I understand it can still be had in Japan though. Otherwise, I love this car and will buy another for my wife, who also finds the ride and handling to be just what she likes.

Navagation system with voice prompts

Telephone interface cord and system was a $300+ option that I paid for when ordering the car...only to find that they have discontinued this option in the U.S. (not in Japan though I hear) because we have many different phone types and they didn't want to stock all the varieties needed for Americans

My first Honda.......very impressive
By Razormet

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was surprised at the price of the vehicle for all the features it has. I thought for a car like this, I was going to pay $30K. I've always heard about the quality of the car from my friends that own Hondas. I had to go out and buy one for myself to find out. I've owned it for two weeks and I simply love the car. Driving it is so much fun. It's smooth on the road and quiet. Gas mileage is better than I expected. The interior is roomier than I expected. Overall, this car has exceeded my expectations. It's no wonder there are so many of them out on the road. The resale value is better than most cars out on the market.

Telescopic steering wheel, heated leather seats, the automatic window opener when you're standing outside of the vehicle to vent hot air. Of course the XM satellite radio, big trunk and the mechanic friendly space in the engine compartment for future DIY project modifications.

Keyless auto-start capability. Other than that, I'm extremely pleased for the money I spent on this vehicle.

Good bang for the buck
By 05 Accord EXL 4 cly

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A very good ride. It gets good gas mileage with the 4 cylinder and automatic transmission. Very good leather seats. XM radio is great!

XM radio. Dual A/C and heat

Auto Door locks and unlocks. Auto off and on headlights. Heated side rear view mirrors.

Rock-Solid
By W Robinson

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First-time Honda owner. Have had it about a month now and am very pleased. Absolutely no squeaks or rattles and no evidence whatsoever of poor quality. Everything is obviously well built. The 5- speed manual is fun to drive. Very comfortable seats (leather has lumbar support -- a big plus). Great gas mileage as well (averaging 30 MPG even with a lot of city driving).

XM radio, peppy 4-cylinder with 5-speed manual, leather seats with lumbar support, automatic climate control, steering wheel controls, roomy back seats and cavernous trunk.

Often difficult to shift into reverse. You have to play with it a bit.

Great value, great car!
By Los Angeleno

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at the 2005 Honda Accord, I checked out the CTS Caddy, the Toyota Camry, Acura TSX and a few others. The Accord gave best bang for the buck! Great car. Got the EX with leather and Nav, and now wouldn't get another car without a Nav system. I love it! Love the voice control, which controls not only nav feature but radio, air conditioning, XM radio, etc. Even tells you the time! Smooth ride, excellent finish, overall just a joy to ride.

Navigation system, excellent A/C, tons of storage for everything from sunglasses to coins and bottles.

Only real feature I miss is speed controlled door locks. Otherwise, it's got just about everything I'd want.