2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
My 2005 HAH @ 12,000 miles
By EllenC on 08/21/06 15:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

My work commute is 40+ miles round trip in mixed urban/suburban driving and I get about 32 mpg. On a recent highway trip, with some rolling terrain, it was about 40 mpg. I bought the 2005 Accord Hybrid because it had the V6 "giddy-up" that's needed for the crazy traffic conditions in our area, combined with great eco-friendly fuel economy. Although he may disagree, I find it as fun to drive as my husband's BMWs...the 3 series, the 530i, or the 745i. I only wish that it had a power passenger seat, auto-tinting mirrors, and bluetooth technology.

Great Car - Much Better Mileage
By Russ on 08/19/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This car, at 25 mpg city/34mpg highway, is underrated for fuel economy when the majority is highway driving. The cylinder management system, that shuts down 3 cyl. when cruising, is what really saves on fuel. We drive TX-MA-TX each year and have been averaging just short of 40mpg on those two trips and 33 mpg for total average. With 255 hp gas engine, it has plenty of pep.

Disappointing Gas Mileage
By Marshall on 08/14/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I traded in a Land Rover Discovery II for this car. I was hoping to get mid 30s gas mileage and have been extremely disappointed. I drive equal highway and city and hoped that I would hit the mid-range of the EPA estimate. I have only made more than 30 mpg on three tanks and I have tailored my driving to keep the "Econ" light illuminated as much as possible. I actually thought there was something wrong with the car and took it back to the dealership. I was told that additives in the gas lowered the mileage. I like the "get up and go" of this car but am truly diappointed with the gas mileage. The odometer and the computer differed in their mpg rating, by as much as 1.5mpg.

Trying to bond with my Hybrid Accord
By Sarita226 on 07/30/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I own the Accord hybrid with navigation system because I have no sense of direction. There are a few turns left to be desired with the Navi, but that's not an auto flaw. This is a terrific car, but I have not yet bonded with it, 17 months later, and I don't know why. If I could figure out what other car I'd prefer, I'd sell this one and buy that one. I often forget to lock the car, not yet accustomed to the electic locks and key

Love my Accord hybrid
By George on 07/04/06 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Excellent car, it is comfortable and fast with good handling. My overall mileage for the last 8000 miles is 30.7. Probably representing about 70% city driving. In local suburban driving I get from a low of 25 mpg if it is a shopping trip with lots of stops and starts, to 30 mpg in more typical point to point trips. On the highway the mileage at 70 mpg ranges from 34 to 43 depending on wind and other factors. My average highway is probably about 37.

Accord hybrid
By cam on 06/15/06 14:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

All this fun and savings too! This car is loaded with power!!!

05 Accord Hybrid 30 MPG actual
By E. Roeder on 06/06/06 08:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

At 3000 miles the mileage is increasing as it gets broken in. Currently is at 30 MPG. Mileage judged by electronics in car and by miles ./. gallons used. Excellent quality. Only downside is rear seats don't fold and slight loss of trunkroom due to Hybrid Battery location. Roomy interior, 255 Horsepower, 30 MPG. The ideal car for me

New EPA ratings get it right
By T. King on 05/30/06 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I purchased this car at the end of the '05 model year when my dealer was offering "employee pricing". I considered the hybrid and a new '06 non-hybrid since they were the same price. I gave up the larger wheels, moon roof and revised exterior trim for the promise of better fuel mileage. I felt a bit cheated for the first months until the EPA released its test results from its new (more realistic) testing method. The technology works seamlessly together, with no indication of the battery or 3 cylinder modes engaging/disengaging. The auto stop is the only item that takes a few days to get used to. When you are rolling to a stop the engine shuts off while the car is still moving.

Misrepresented gas milage
By Pearl on 05/26/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I bought my Accord Hybrid in Jan.'05. At that time, the mileage was grossly misrepresented. It has since been adjusted downwards, but I wish I got the mileage they are claiming now. It is a very pleasant car to drive. It should be advertised as a performance car that gets mediocre mileage. The quality of the leather interior is awful. Also, my car did not come with a spare tire. There is a space for one. Cost me $200 to have one installed. Although I will probably keep this car for now, I will not buy another Honda.

It goes a Lonfg way
By Jeff Elwell on 05/22/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I travel to Phila on a regular basis. I've never had the pleasure of traveling to Phila on one tank of gas and having over a eighth of a tank left. It's a very quiet car. Sometimes I must check my tach. to verify that it's running. I love the XM radioin it. I never thought I would but it makes those long drives go faster. Speaking of faster, I've had it up to 120+MPH on more than one occasion. Nothing vibrated or fell off for over 30 seconds at that speed. Even a State troper pulled along side as I was decelerating from one of these high speed events,( I thought I had it), and mouthed a "wow- A hybrid?" along with a please slow down jesture. I did! He let me go . He must have been impressed