2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
In the city
By Altitude on 02/10/05 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

The hybrid features of this new Accord activate after the engine warms up, which takes over 2 miles. For longer trips in city driving, the fuel economy will be just fine..close to the predicted (29 m.p.g.). But for short trips, the 4 cylinder Accord would do just as well and cost much less up front.

Accord Hybrid "The best yet"!!!
By Kelly Faris on 01/26/05 23:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I purchased a Civic Hybrid three years ago and just upgraded to the new Hybrid Accord. It has to be the best Honda of the 25 that I have owned. I have found nothing that I do not love about this car and when they describe it as a "Hybrid Rocket", they are not kidding!! What a wonderful addition to the Honda Family!!

mpg is disappointing for short trips
By daga on 01/26/05 20:02 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

We purchased a Honda Accord Hybrid just last week. The fuel economy is disappointing us. Because my daily trips to work are short, the fuel saving features don't activate until half-way there. I would probably get equal fuel economy with a 4 cylinder non-hybrid and have saved 7 thousand dollars. The Accord hybrid does show good fuel economy on the freeway, but not on stop and go city driving.

Nothing but problems
By Steve on 01/24/05 19:54 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I bought my Accord Hybrid 10 days ago. On the 4th day the engine light came on and the engine started to rattle and smoke. After the dealership looked over the car, I was told that is was a software issue. The car still does not run correctly. Today, while on the freeway, the right rear tire exploded. To my suprise, there isn't a spare in the trunk. After being towed to the dealership, they said they do not carry the tires and I would have wait a day or two for a replacement. They will not fix the engine, give me a spare, nor replace the vehicle.

Accord Hybrid - New Owner's Impressions
By moretoolife on 01/17/05 13:56 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

My objective was to complete all negotiating before I walked into the dealer. I researched the Accord hybrid online and sent e-mails to all local dealers indicating interest to buy when one arrived. Several e-mailed me as they arrived but weren't keen on discounting off of sticker. One dealer was willing to sell the car at $1,000 off sticker, if I closed before the end of December. I test-drove the car at that dealer and after about 2 minutes in the car I was sold. I received my Accord hybrid on New Year's eve 2004. I have just turned over 1000 miles and my satisfaction has not waned. It is unbelievably quiet, and will really get up and go when asked. No squeaks or rattles.

Love it!
By ann on 01/16/05 10:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've had my Accord Hybrid about a month and I love it. I am amazed at how quiet it is, how smooth the ride is and the great pickup. I always think there is room for improvement for the fuel economy but for the size car I need right now I think this is the best. My new bumper sticker, "My other car is not a Hummer". :)

Awesome
By Chris on 01/14/05 00:19 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This has serious power! I was expecting something little better than gutless. It's a hybrid, afterall. It did 124 mph and had plenty left before I felt I needed to slow it down. I got 26 mpg or so for the first 1000 miles. I'm now getting in the high 30s and even topped 40 mpg last week. It wasn't cheap - but Honda's have always held great value for me. I've owned 6 Honda's to date. Highly recommend the Hybrid.

Hybrid Mileage as Promised
By Ventura, CA on 01/09/05 08:23 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I am getting mileage numbers similar to those claimed on the sticker, even slightly better on flat, straight stretches. All the high-tech systems work flawlessly, including the active noise-cancellation, voice recognition and awesome touch-screen navigation system. The stereo sounds great. Power is more than adequate, even superior to the Lexus IS300 that this car is replacing. The electric motor doesn't seem to kick in on start-up acceleration, but rather on full-throttle passing and moderate hill climbing, but the mileage numbers don't lie. The regenerative braking and eco mode (using 3 of the 6 cylinders) is noticeable when driving but not distracting. Electic boost works seemlessly.