2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
My Hybrid is AWESOME!!
By CJ on 03/26/05 11:55 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I love my Accord Hybrid!! It is fun to drive and the V6 makes it quick - not gutless in the least. The change between the gas and electric engines is indistinguishable. I love the fact that the dash shows when it is running via the gas engine and also when only the electric engine is on. The braking charges this remarkable car. The price is steep, but as more companies make these cars, the price will drop. All of my friends wish they had this car!!!

awesome
By djmeagher on 03/26/05 11:52 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Handles great with lots of power and nearly 40 miles to the gallon on the highway!

Not nearly there!
By nosliwffej on 03/26/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I do not recommend this car. My expectations have not nearly been met. Highway mileage is great but city mileage has yet to break 20 MPG in suburban Boston. I'm certain that will improve after the winter but will be no where near the EPA mileage. The biggest disappointment is the loose steering. As a three car owner, all Hondas, the steering doesn't compare to either the CRV or the Odyssey. This car replaced a German Sports sedan. I wasn't expecting the same drive but I didn't expect to despise HIGHWAY driving. It's not quite as bad as a big 1967Chevy wagon, but it's bad. I'M considered trading the car in. Drive this on the highway with turns before you seriously consider purchase

Awesome
By Ruth on 03/26/05 09:10 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

After waiting since November, I just got my new white Accord Hybrid. It was worth the wait! The exterior is sporty with its aerodynamic lines, mini spoiler, and satellite antenna. It's interior is cozy, loaded with features like separate climate control for driver and passengers, voice activated navigation and audio systems, comfy leather seats, and fully adjustable driver's seat.

3 Months with an Accord Hybrid
By JR on 03/25/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

After owning a 2001 Honda Accord V6, the thrill of owning the first ever Accord Hybrid was highly anticipated. This vehicle has met and actually exceeded our expectations for quality and just pure fun to drive. It has far more pep than other Accord models, handles remarkably well, rides extremely well and is just a pleasure to drive.

Gas Mileage to Improve?
By jfalkman on 03/24/05 11:37 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Bought the Accord Hybrid 1 week ago. Almost through the 600 mile break-inperiod. Wondering what other Accord Hybrid owners experience is with the MPG. Right now, I'm only getting 25-27 combined city/highway. That's a bit under the sticker - 31 city/37 highway. I drive 47 miles highway each way to/from work.

Hybrid is Excellent Choice
By scott s on 03/23/05 22:21 PM (PST)

This was the best car purchasing experience I have had in 15 years of buying. Buy through Honda.com! They really do give you the best price. Even though this is a new vehicle, I still paid what I wanted, and got extras free. The car is tight! Quiet, comfortable, and a joy to drive. It takes a while to get used to the autostop, but you actually enjoy sitting at stop lights burning no fuel. It has pep too. The V6/electric motor combo is awesome. Merging w/traffic is easy despite the title "hybrid". I averaged 26mpg my first tank of nearly 100% short trip, stop and go. The few times I got on the highway I could immediately see the mileage cruise to above 35!

Honda Hybrid
By Larry Cox on 03/23/05 22:13 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This is the second Honda hybrid I've owned. I traded a Civil in for my present Accord. It doesn't get the same gas milage as the Civic but is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned. It is a joy. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see Hummers and monster SUVs parked at gas pumps as I drive by.

30 mpg plus!
By George Z. on 03/22/05 09:52 AM (PST)

So far so good. I am getting 30 mpg plus, and the car is very fast. Very good pick up and handling. Looks great! It's hard to believe that it is a hybrid! It takes a little getting used to when the engine turns off when you have come to a complete stop, then turns on again when your foot comes off the brake.

Honda Accord Hybrid
By David Parrish on 03/03/05 08:38 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

The shift from gas to electric assist is seamless. Initially, it's seems strange to pull to a stoplight and the engine shuts-off when you break. As soon as you touch the accelerator, the car takes off like a vehicle with a regular gas engine.The drive is smooth with plenty of power for any condition we've experienced.