Used 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best vehicle I've had
By NY driver in AZ

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

On the road, going up the "mountain", it is better than my 5.0 Mustang or my Avalon were. In town, it gets as good mileage as my Civic EX did. Everyone who rides in it remarks about the comfort and room. Quiet and a pleasure to drive on the road; mileage great until you get to 80+.

Steering wheel radio controls, XM radio, AutoStop

Efficiency?
By mky05

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Our initial reaction to this car has been serious disappointment at the poor fuel economy. After 8k miles we're averaging slightly over 26mpg, certainly nothing impressive. On a positive note the car is quite fast and a serious improvement for day to day driving when compared to the early model prius and insight we've also owned. Still we bought it with expectations it'd be fuel efficient for our mostly highway driving. It hasn't lived up. Prius in the future

Problems
By Dale Ransdell

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

The vehicle was purchased and we immediately went on a 10000 mile trip. Car performed well with gas mileage of 27-35+ depending on wind and terrain. The problem with the shift to drive 3 was occasional and I would prefer to have the auto headlight feature. One problem was the short visor, with the sun coming from the drivers side the short visor was inadequate to block the sun. Needs a visor extender to cover the window width. After the trip the car suddenly lost the good gas mileage and dropped to 22-25. We took it in for a checkup and they said they did nothing but the mileage is now 26-30 with over 12000 miles on the vehicle. There is vibration at low gear from the elect/gas shift

Auto Headlights, better visor to cover the side window, downshift to D3 fix.

Nice, but Somewhat Over-rated
By rick

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Fun to drive, great mileage on the highway, but in town, it is overrated. I get about 24 in town. Nav feature is great and with the exception of a few new subdivisions, it has exceeded expectations. Mine just got recalled for electric motor battery problems.

Nav, CD player

Auto headlights, and auto-dimmer in the rearview mirror would be nice.

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid
By stlmo57

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have about 4,200 miles on my 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid. After getting 31 mpg on my 1st full tank, I was anxious to see it improve to around 36 mpg as it was broke-in and I figured out how to drive it to get the optimun mpg. So far, after nearly 3 months I am very disappointed, the mpg has actually retreated to about 25 to 26. At this rate, it was not worth the premium. Cold weather appears to have an impact. I am pleased with the handling and acceleration. Overall, not the feel of luxury I had when I purchased my 2002 Maxima Nissan GLE new.

Acceleration very good. Runs very quitely.

Not quite sure what the "auto-off" head lights on the sticker means. You get the annoying ding if you attempt to exit the car without turning them off? Sun roof (06). Feel unsure about no spare tire, whats happens with a major blow-out where the tire is destroyed. Better mpg, 26 not acceptable.