Used 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

As Expected
By RJ

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've put 9000 miles on my Accord so far, and it has been exactly what I expected. Many of these reviews have talked about the mileage, I'm not sure what they expected from a car with 250+ HP. I get 22-27 in the city depending on traffic and season. I take frequent long road trips and drive about 70 MPH on average, and get about 35 MPG...if I drove 60 I'd probably be closer to 40 MPG. When I drive the car I feel like I am driving a well built quality machine. The sound system is very good. Bottom line is you get reliablity, comfort, and muscle, while getting better than average MPG, esp compared to other cars with this much HP.

Honda reliability, more than enough horse power, great MPG/HP ratio, nice sound, very comfortable.

Sun visors are too short. A few more luxury items like heated mirrors (I'm in MN, power passenger seat, and auto headlights would be perfect.

A good car, except
By Cyrus Griffin

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Honda has always built good cars. And this Accord is no different. Except the mileage rating on the hybrid accord is way out of balance with the actual. The best I have been able to attain, with careful driving, is 7 to 10 miles per gallon less than advertised. For a major car manufacturer of hybrids this is very bad.

Reduce the horse power and increase the fuel efficiency.

Disappointed in Honda
By drm

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Ordinary driving yields mediocre milage, low 20s suburban, upper 20s highway. You must learn to drive this vehicle differently to get better, but still well below EPA sticker, milage. Very slow acceleration, constant use of cruise control, etc. The electric package is so small that it almost never is used. The major economy comes from shutting off 3 cylinders in cruise, but the transition between 3 and 6 cylinders to too sensitive. Even a 2% grade will kick it back to 6 cylinders, and pressing on the accelerator ever so slightly will do the same thing. Having driven a Prius, I'm disappointed in Honda. A nice sedan, well made, but the hybrid package is a disappointing misfit.

Well manufactured vehicle.

Smaller V-6, bigger electric motor. Get the real (not EPA fantasy) milage well into the 30s.

Happy with Honda
By RLB

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Great to drive, plenty of power when needed & great fuel economy.

Hybrid technology. Great audio, Duel climate controls, great interior room

Day/nite mirror should be standard

great compromise
By mrmiles

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This car has been a great compromise between mileage and power. I drive 600+ miles per week, and the average 40% improvement in mileage over my previous sedan is significant, particularly considering the HAH has 10 more hp. Factor in that the HAH takes regular gas, not premium, and I am very happy with the economics of the change. I've had a few design/build quality issues, but nothing significant. If you're looking for amazing mileage, go with the Civic or Prius. If you like to get good mileage and still have considerable muscle to flex, this is a great choice.

Power, quality of interior materials, instrument panel (tech with class)

More luxury-like features-- power passenger seat, seat memory, sun roof, dimming rear view mirror; steering wheel control for XM radio that does channel to channel, not just presets.