2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Hybrid
By CJ on 05/29/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

The car rides well, smooth and quiet. It handles very well and has a good turning radius. The engine has a lot of power. The GPS system is easy to use.

Mix of Power and Economy
By Cliff Gerber on 05/25/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

The 2005 Hybrid is a vast improvement over the 1998 Accord Coupe V6 that I previously owned. The ride is smoother, the vehicle is much quieter--with the exception of some road noise. Mileage on pure highway driving is exceptional, slightly better than the EPA rating in my experience. City driving can vary significantly depending upon conditions. My experience is between 23 and 27 mpg in town, averaging a little over 24 for city driving. In my opinion that's pretty good for a powerful V6. Transition between modes of power: IMA + gasoline engine, 6 cylinder gasoline power and three cylinder power (with and without assist) is usually very smooth, but occasionally noticeable.

'04 Acura TL to '05 Accord Hybrid switch
By undertoad on 05/23/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

After 12 months & 25000 + miles in a new TL enough of the hard nose suspension, growly engine and myriad squeeks and rattles. It cost me about 13 cents/mile to switch to the Acccord Hybrid w/Nav but if the first week and 1000 miles are any indication, I won't regret it abit. Fit and finish is noticably better and not a loose piece of plastic anywhere. Low profile tires may be pretty but you pay for it in your butt. The Accord may not corner like the TL but it certainly is smoother AND just as quiet on smooth surfaces. At a steady 60 mph in rural NC the needle hovers around 42 mpg and it's not even broken in yet! I gave up a sexy broad for an honest woman.

Love my Hybrid Accord
By Pamela on 05/19/05 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

One would never know that they are driving a Hybrid, except for the gas mileage. Smooth and quiet driving. Great power, even in mountain driving conditions. Everyone assumes that I paid much more for this vehicle. First Honda I have ever owned, but definitely will not be the last! Love it!

First of things to come
By Jack on 04/23/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Lots of power, mileage as advertised, good looking, reliable Honda reputation

Company Car
By eGuepardInc on 04/18/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

For a Hybrid, this car's acceleration matchs that of any sport touring sedan in its price range. It is quiet and comfortable to drive. When the engine shuts down at a stop light takes some getting use to. The engine start up as you accelerate from a light is an item Honda needs to smooth out. Braking with a "Auto Stop" engine is another task a driver needs to adjust to. So far the gas mileage is 32mpg with a total of 1,500 miles driven. In California with gas at $2.50 per gallon expect to pay a $2,000 to $3,000 premium (Dealer Mark Up) on the vehicle.

Honda Accord Hybrid
By Donald Bandy on 04/15/05 20:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Traded in my 2003 Honda Accord V-6 for the new Hybrid model. Overall, there is not a lot of difference in the two, but the Hybrid seems a little more solidly built for some reason, and quieter also. Handles a little differently, but I can't really say which one is better. Acceleraton is better with the Hybrid, and of course the mileage is better.

The Accord Hybrid
By Gary on 04/12/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I purchased my hybrid Accord without the navigation system in December, 2004 and already have over 8,500 miles on it. The car has been an absolute pleasure to own -- very reliable, quiet, comfortable and easy to drive, even in the Michigan winter. My mileage, driving mostly highway miles, has averaged 29.2 mpg but that is increasing as the weather warms (I'm sure due to the gas-saving features warming up sooner). For those concerned that the loss of trunk space (because of the battery) will be significant -- fear not -- this vehicle can still easily carry a week's worth of groceries or luggage.

Accord Hybrid....WOW
By RJ on 04/05/05 13:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This is the best car I have ever had the pleasure of driving. You get great performance (255 HP) with luxury and outstanding gas mileage. The quality of the car is amazing. Everything about the car feels awesome. I feel like I'm driving a Porsche. The reliability of Honda puts my mind at ease. I highly recommend this car. Having my cell phone charging in my center armrest while out of view is very cool.

Going Greener with Some Style
By 56rascal on 04/02/05 05:39 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

A first look for the curious...My initial gas mileage is around 29 mpg for in town (60% highway/ 40% city). Powerful engine but if you have a lead foot don't expect to get the mpg also. You can slightly feel the engine kick between ECO (three cylinder operation) and the full six. You should test drive it (at operating temp.) and feel for this. Engine shuts down on stops (at op. temp.) unless you like or need to constantly creep forward. You'll feel the slight vibration on restart, but I enjoy the reminder I'm not sitting and idling. My driving style is changing to match the capacity of the car (looking for the ECO light). Power-excellent; handling-good; interior-very good. More later?