Used 2005 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Converts!
By RolTra

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Having ownen 8 cars with the time span of 10 years, I feel a bit experienced on what the middle class car lover would want in their next investment. Toyota always one step ahead, be it in styling, or toys, this year I was I was attracted to the Honda products and after test driving the Accord, was convinced the 2dr, roomy, sport yet elegant design was ALL me! This car has bought me over, and depending on long term performance and quality, I belive I am now a loyal consumer of Honda.

I am most impressed with the handling of the car. Other favorites inlude, standard features such as; power sun roof, and the storage capabilities.

The cars door locks should lock automatically after the vehicle is placed in drive and is in motion. All windows should include one touch accessibility. Lights should automatically turn on/off with light sensor. Fog lamps should be Standard (one feature Toyota provides) i.e. Scion anyone?.

Who can say hondas are refined?
By chasm

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 05 accord coupe lx in June 2005, and I expect this will be my last Honda. I have been quite disappointed with a car that has received such high regards from various auto critics. I am currently driving this lx with a blown stereo speaker and a vibrating engine that makes long drives utterly dreadful. The car would actually be decent transportation if something could be done about the refinement of the engine and mediocre stereo.

handling & fuel economy

refine engine & improve radio

sagging headliner
By rick

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

the headliner is held up with four little pices of velcro wich do not do the job, it sags down about a half inch wich is very annoying for taller drivers. also fuel ecconmy is only 20 mpg. I was a big honda fan till i bought this accord, my civic was a better choice,

this car rocks!!!
By eddie

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for two months and have yet to see another one. I wanted something fast, comfortable, stylish, and relatively inexpensive that would hold its resale value. I got everything I wanted. The six-speed is very smooth. The build quality is superb. Everything just seems to be so well thought out. You get much more content when you choose 6MT over automatic. 1. Upgrade from 16" to 17" wheels 2. Sport Suspension with tower brace. 3. Perforated leather seats 4. Much better tires. 5. Sound system upgrade from 120W to 180W 6. Intake manifold tuned for better sound above 4500RPM. This car loves the tight twisties but is a business jet on the turnpike at 2500rpm/80mph.

1. Performance 2. Comfortable Seats 3. Regular Gas 4. Wheels and Tires 5. Exclusivity (Dealer had to import one from Honda dealer 250miles away.) 6. BMW's and Audi's for breakfast. 7. Makes me feel young--sensible mid- life crisis car. 8. No squeaks or rattles. 9. Precise steering

1. Even fatter tires would look better. 2. Louder exhaust (probably would kill ULEV rating though...) 3. "Name" audio system (Bose, etc.) although sound system is pretty good. 4. Standard fog lights.

best kept coupe secret...........
By ezshift5

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Clutch, 6MT and steering work surprisingly well together. White reflects the hot sun enabling the dual zone ac to perform extremely well. This car was $600 more than the 2000 Toyota Solara SE-V6 5-speed stick new 5/2000. Plus this car has moonroof, TCS, EBD, tilt/telecope, leather, map lites, 6- disc in-dash + XM Satellite Radio. Even has remote entry, seatback map pockets and 215/50 series 17-inch alloys. First fillup (after dealer "full tank of fuel" corrected by author) in mixed city/highway = 27.7. I went from a Supra Turbo to the Solara and never stopped grousing about the difference in the performance envelope. The Honda 6MT has better all arounds numbers than the 1989 Supra Turbo.

engine, 6MT, easy-light-smooth- vibrationless clutch engagement, fuel efficiency, light color leather interior availability, precise steering inputs (2.75 lock to lock)

my great old cassette collection went to my old college roommate who needed the fuel efficiency of the V-6 Solara. That, plus the great price I laid on him. So my only grouse is: NO cassette capability.....yeah, I know I can put one in...blah, blah, blah...........

• SUV