2005 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Glad I bought one
By gatorfan on 02/16/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I traded her 2001 BMW 330ci for the 2005 Honda Accord Coupe. Coming from a BMW we knew we had to max the new car out so it has everything except the 17 inch wheel option. The car's build and fit are perfect. The doors, windows, and sun roof all close solidly, giving a feel of quality. The cabin provides a quieter ride than the BMW did, which was one of the things we wanted to improve. The ride is smooth and sure. We felt it was considerably better than the Toyota Solara. There are very few things you can add as options on the Honda where Toyota will tack on a hundred dollars or so for options. The V-6 is strong and the 5-speed auto shifts seamlessless.

Love pushing that pedal
By jsflan on 02/11/05 00:56 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only had it two weeks, but this car is much more than my 2001 Accord 4 cyl. trade-in. 240 HP v. 135 HP for starters, and that increases the driving fun exponentially. In my advancing middle age, I'm also lovin' all the bells and whistles, esp. the XM...but the biggest thrill now is the acceleration, handling and steering. Very fun to drive, at least for one used to a 4 door, 4 banger for the last 4 years.

Great Car for the money!
By R S. Scott on 02/03/05 11:07 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Honda Accord I previously had 1994 EXL and a 2001 EXL...I had to save money so I went with the 2005 LX 5 Speed, and had to have it ordered, as there are very few 5 speed LX. I would like to see interior color choices increased. I would like to see a silver car, with grey (leather) and grey interior offered. If honda does not offer that, they are going to loose a faithful Honda customer to Toyota, as you can custom select your leather choice! Honda has also stepped back from the 2001 to the 2005 in the interior of the car. I was not pleased with the hand rest on the 2005. Also on the EXL they do not have leather trim in the back! The preformance of the 2005 is GREAT!!!

Accord V6 6spd vs BMW 328is
By EHC on 02/01/05 12:40 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a 97 BMW 328is coupe. I loved the car, the new 2005 honda v6 6spd coupe is faster in a straight line not in turns though. For everyday driving it is comparable and a lot less money to buy and maintain.

Little Red Coupe
By john tyler on 01/22/05 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had to wait to get the color red with navigation. With new car, why not get color I want? Also like tan leather better than black. Never had navigation and GPS is amazing; also like the XM radio and will keep it. The power can pin you back into the seat and the 1st MPG was 24.1 on regular. I wanted a car fun to drive on twists but comfortable on freeway. Think this will be it and can keep for a long time. Felt the coupe looked better in back compared to sedan. Body appears sculpted aerodynamically from all angles.

Mine is a 2003 LX V-6 Coupe
By Rick on 01/18/05 10:08 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2003 LX-V6 coupe for 1-1/2 years now and I like it as much as I did the day I drove it off the lot. It has power to burn (it will top 100 just going up the on ramp to the freeway) so merging with traffic and passing is a breeze. At the same time I get better than the EPA mileage estimate, 24 (me) vs. 21 (EPA) city and 32 vs. 30 highway. Handling is reasonable if not spectacular. I’ve done effortless 12 hour days driving from Colorado to Montana. And feature for feature, the price was the best of any make. Nobody else offered a V6 in this class for even close to the price I paid.

The Accord is a quality car!
By Phil413 on 01/11/05 08:36 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2-door LX Accord Coupe (4-cyl.,automatic) and it is a great car! It seems to handle better than my Camry did and the ride is just as smooth. The car is reasonably quiet inside and unlike the Camry, I do not hear any annoying vibrations coming from the dash and other places. The Accord seems to be a well-built, reliable and fun car. Though it is a 4-cylinder, it has plenty of power when needed and still gets great mileage. I am hooked on this car.

Great Car
By Warren on 01/03/05 17:58 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Hey Guys, If you are looking for an Accord like mine then look no further. Honda's 05 Accord is one of the best choices to make for buying. I was in the market for the Civic EX but when I thought of only adding a couple of grand more I got leather, 16in rims, dual cliamte control, and my favorite the DOHC I-VTEC engine.

Honda Accord
By Tom Gilbert on 01/01/05 17:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the handling of the car. It corners very nicely. For a 2 door it is very spacious in the back seat. Plenty of room in the trunk. We took it on a summer trip with our 2 boys and the drive was great. Good gas mileage. Nice features that makes it very comfortable. We love our car.

Sweet Ride!!!
By DSL on 12/29/04 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far so Great! You won't find a smoother V6\6spd combo. Trust me! Why spend thousands more for other "luxury" brands? Honda has smashed the competition with this car. Plenty of speed, creature comforts, and most of all refined like none other.