2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
There Are Better Cars Out There
By Nick on 05/14/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car last year for my wife after she was in an accident in her Honda Civic. I knew she loves Honda's and Honda has a reputation of having safe, reliable, fuel efficient, and fun- to-drive vehicles. So, we purchased a fully-loaded v6 and regrettably, I wished I went with my first instinct and got something else. This car has been in the shop so far 4 times and now the check engine light comes on. I have not been impressed with the mpg either. Avg city/highway is 20 mpg. There are plenty of better vehicles out there so don't waste your money on this one. If you have low back problems, this car will hurt your back on long trips. Very uncomfortable.

Skeptic Won Over
By Chicago Skeptic on 03/14/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

From a family of John Deere and Chevrolet people, it was a breach of etiquette for me to buy a Japanese car. After three years, this is one of the best products I have ever bought...not just the best car. You normally expect some problems with a car like losing pickup, chipped paint, lose a water pump, brakes go early, something...I guess I am just used to what Chevrolet is putting out. My Accord however, has been perfect. The gas mileage is not great, but for a performing V-6 the mileage is just fine. For better mileage get the V-4, but on teh tollway I need the V-6 acceleration.

2005 Honda Accord Review
By tnhldr on 04/27/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car for the money. Excellent gas mileage: St. Louis to Chicago on a half of tank of gas. Excellent cruise control features make Accord very efficient

Great car
By Ruben on 04/20/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This a great car for every day needs. Good relibility and build quality.

Better than hoped for or expected
By nytransplant on 01/28/06 22:27 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable around Phoenix but a true delight on the highway and up in the mountains. The indicators for the electric usage and optimum driving conditions work clearly. Roomy and quiet for long trips. Trunk space is adequate, even though the battery cuts down on available depth. No problems in the first 20,000 miles.

Excellent vehicle to own
By Excellent vehicle on 08/25/05 17:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did extensive research on various vehicles and decided to buy a Honda LX V-6 four door sedan. I am impressed with its V-6 performance and gas mileage. I average about 28 MPG city/hwy driving. The instrumentation is top notch and user friendly. The 6 disk in dash CD player is very easy to use and the sound quality is excellent. This is my first Honda acquisition and I'm going to enjoy this car for many years to come.

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 08/06/05 23:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My brand new Honda windows started to rattle every morning in one place, then rattle another place in the evening from the 2 week that I brought it home. I bought the car into the shop to have it repair 4 times, but each time, there was no success, in addition, the dash board started to rattle, then something in my visor started to rattle, and they had to change out the visor and patten down the doors to stop the windows from rattling. In the end, it still rattles and they told me "it's the nature of the car". Over all, this is my first and last Honda. I have owned this car for about a year and will most definetly trade it in for another vehicle.

Best Sedan on Earth
By VT on 06/16/05 01:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Honda Accord is no doubt the best sedan on earth. When I was looking for a car, I researched several similar sedans and Honda Accord come out as a winner. Camary looks too sloppy, though its a nice car but the new design is way inferior.

bad mileage very bad mileage
By akatz on 05/20/05 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

extremely bad mileage...17 miles per gallon...complained to the dealer...they said that it is normal because of the v6 and that the sticker info when you buy a new car (and that advertized the car for 27in the city and 35 on highways) is not established by Honda but by an independent company...so honda has no responsibility...Nice pick-up though, fun to drive but a killer for gaz. Also after a year the leather is already wearing off...it is too thin and dries- up and wrinkle very easily...so my friends...beware and ask the dealer more than a few questions....my feel is that there are going to be a lot of these on the used market very soon..so if you want a v6..get it used!!

not so good
By jazzchip on 04/05/05 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

New 6cyl Accord Lx. Wind noise is very noticable at higher speeds. Road noise is terrible at all speeds. Hard riding. Rattles at 4m miles. My '95 Accord was a better car.