Used 2005 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Bad Engine (P1009)
By marco8436

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As a lifelong Honda customer I nerve thought I would have to write this review but considering my situation I have to do this. This past September, the check engine light code came on. I went to the dealer and the same service adviser mentioned it will cost me another $90 if it is a different code.The same code P1009 (VTC actuator Fail). The Service adviser said to me, “ Sir your car is burning oil inside the engine. You are going to need a new engine for $2500.” I was so shocked, I could say anything. After a few minutes I asked to speak with the manager. He mentioned to me “ Unfortunately, some engine do fail like this”. According to the technician who work

Beware of code P1009

Reliable and ages well
By Cmurp

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2005 4Dr LX automatic new. My wife used it as a work vehicle for four years and it was bulletproof. Similar to other reviews, the brakes are the Achilles heel, had the rotors resurfaced twice so far. After the 60000 mile service, rear brakes replaced and new pads. Now no problems. Only replaced the battery and have done normal maintenance up to this point (76000 miles). Interior is simple laid out and the seat cloth ages well. Four cylinder has plenty of power and we average about 25mph in mixed driving, 32 on the highway. Very pleased with this car. So pleased that we bought another Honda product, Acura TL used this month.

Engine power and handling.

Better brakes, better stock radio.

good ride
By Ron Fielding

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a traveling vehicle. It far exceeds the mileage ratings. We get from 30 to over 38 on the highway. We have been diagonally across the US, and back. The power of the four engine is amazing. It is comfortable and quiet on the highway. Incidentally, I don't slow for the hills, and most of our driving is at 75 mph speeds, and in a lot of elevation changes. I like the looks, but admit I like the taillight treatment of the 06 and later Accord. I also love the look of the instrument array.

Mileage, power, quietness, comfort.

Great Car Period
By steve

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used with 38,000 miles. Put on 08 Accord wheels and tires and K&N filter. 4 cyl/auto has power to spare and gets great MPG. I have read some of the reviews about power/mpg on the 4 cyl and wonder what car they are driving!!! I am 60 years old and have owned Vetts and GTO's etc etc. While not comparing the Accord with either of these types of vehicles, I will say that for a 4 cyl auto this car is remarkable! So, in my opinion, you can not go wrong with this car.

MPG-Power-Reliability-Style-Huge Trunk and last but not least resale value.

None needed

3 Years 36K No Problems
By iowahonda

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought our 05 at the end of the model year to get a deal. We're completely happy with it, and have had absolutely no problems. We consistently got 30 mpg city/highway combo, then started getting around 35 mpg once we slowed down on the highway a little. This is a perfect commuter car. Plenty of response and power in traffic. Typical tight Honda feel. No squeaks or rattles ever. This is our 3rd Accord, none ever leaked a drop of oil. Only minor issues are that the seats are a bit firm for long distance driving, the stereo isn't that great, and rear door exit is tight -- have had people hit their heads on the way out.

Performance, reliability, gas mileage.

None!