Used 2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My High School dream car
By 92carlover

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Honda Accord LX 5 months ago at 159k miles. It was in good condition, minor outside damage. I was satisfied with the car. Until I noticed the great amount of gas usage. I keep my car fully maintained, oil change, tire rotation & the gas mileage still is HORRIBLE! After two months the radio light came on & off, now its not coming on AT ALL!( alot of reviews say the same thing) Has the power to get up and go overall GOOD car ! Cruise control has a malfunction as well as a HORRIBLE stereo system.

Favorite Features

Keyless remote lets down windows, Power to go at command, Automatic lights, interior lighting when unlocked with keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

Radio lighting and stereo GAS MILEAGE!

2005 Honda Accord EX-L 4 Cyl.
By Mike P

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car. Very Happy with it. My first Accord and would recommend this year and model to anyone.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control. Heated seats. Radio controls on steering wheel. Power driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

I do not like that the AC / Heat fan automatically jumps to full blast when making adjustments from one area to another, i.e. from dashboard vent to windshield. Its annoying and feels like being micro-managed.

Battery Died -Towed Twice in One Day
By BAC

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Only have 16,000 on this baby, owned under 3 yrs. and I was shocked when my battery died on a very hot day. My shop says it happens! He also said the breaks are fine, just noisy pads (after 10,000 noticed a slight squeal). Still like the car for what I paid under $18,000 everything included Cash. Nobody is perfect. Must last 10 yrs.

Favorite Features

Better gas mi then the new 08

Suggested Improvements

Better ex paint quality and colors, and keep working on those breaks.(Shorter stopping distance.)

Bye Acura!
By namadnav

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've always been a big fan of Acura tl's but since U.S. economy sucks lately, I had to downgrade (or so I thought). I bought an 05 Accord ex with everything, from tire pressure sensors, to heated seats, XM and navi. Features that I never had on my 2000 rl. Gas mileage is great, handing is awesome. Styling is just as good as Acuras. Speed is ok, but for the price? You just cant beat it! Oh did I mention 100k warranty? From burnt light bulb to blown engine, they cover it at no cost. Buy one!

Favorite Features

Vtec, XM, navi, alldisc with abs, fuel economy, you know what, I'll stop here because if I keep on going, we'll be here all day.

Suggested Improvements

Did anybody say turbo? Most imports got turbo nowadays, Mazda, VW, Nissan, Subaru and supercharged Toyota (trucks). Wouldn't it be nice to have a boosted Honda from the box? S2000 maybe?

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By Melissa

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had 3 trouble-free years with my Accord. Two accidents left me fine, and the car (repaired) is back in perfect condition. I average 32 mpg with mostly freeway driving. Beside the typical maintenance, I've had to do nothing to it. It's roomy with high quality interior materials. In short, I love it. It's not a highly exciting car, but I knew that before I purchased it. I will continue to purchase Hondas.

Favorite Features

Black interior, roomy trunk, fuel economy, reliability, 10,000 mile interval for oil changes.

Suggested Improvements

Aux input, but you can add your own.