Used 2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Fantastic Car
By Eric

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in 07. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 130K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 130K miles or that the car is 5 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!

Runs Like A Top
By Jim W

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were seeking something to drive together (comfortably) on longer trips. After looking around a little we found the Accord. This car has been amazing. A nice, smooth and quiet ride in a reliable vehicle is what we were looking for and is what we got. We used to dread packing things into the old car in order to take a day trip. Now we look forward to it.

Smooth ride, handles well, great looks, love the XM radio!

Was a little pricey compared to other models. We compared it to the Ford 500 for example. But does hold its value.

Solid vehicle
By BradB

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord new and am still enjoying it. The car has aged gracefully and still looks great with zero mechanical problems. Powerwise, the 240 hp V6 is smooth and strong. Fuel economy is a little disappointing at 19 mpg city, but at least it uses regular. I like the ride just fine, but the handling is a little tepid. I think the biggest problem is the terrible stock tires that are hard as a rock and downright dangerous in the rain. The seats are not the greatest, but not terrible; interior materials are first rate. The 5 spd automatic is superb-- best I have driven. Resale value is phenomenal.

Strong engine, great transmission, first rate interior build quality, good ride, stellar resale, nice styling-- car still looks good

Awful OEM fuel economy tires-- unfortunately they'll last forever as hard as they are, mediocre seats, so- so handling-- would be better with different tires, weak headlights

Hard to get rid of
By hpnutty

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handing this off to college age daughter and after looking at the 08 accord and others I don't want to get rid of it. Its been everything I expected it to be. When guests get in they talk about how nice it is. My father raves about the color (red). It so fun to drive and can't imagine ever owned a 4 cyl now. But it's nothing to brag about from the outside. very plain.

heated seats (even in Houston!), acceleration, performance, handling, fun-to-drive factor, roomy inside, braking

seats are too warm without being turned on, seating comfort, not great for long trips (prefer expedition, duh). plain jane styling.

Great Value
By mikeW

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in Dec of 04. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 100K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 100K miles or that the car is 4 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!