Used 2005 Honda Accord EX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Long-term relationship!
By sullins

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car I ever bought brand new. I wanted to wait a year or so before I posted a review and wow does time fly! Seven years later I am proud to say I still own this car and it will hit 232,000 miles on my drive to work tomorrow. This has been an incredibly reliable car. Outside of the usual maintenance such as tires, oil changes and brakes, I have replaced nothing more than batteries (think I have bought two) and light bulbs...literally. With that said, I'm awful on cars. I change the oil about every 10,000 miles & have never done 'scheduled maintenance' (dealership stuff). Still has original timing chain & clutch. As a commuter, this has been the best car I could have bought!

gas mileage, reliability, re-sale value, despite high mileage the car is still 'tight' no rattles or noises, and the fact that everything electrical and mechanical is still fully functional.....never had to replace buttons or knobs or any kind of power motor such as windows or locks.

maybe better stereo, however the factory stereo is pretty decent. That's the only thing I can think of ........and we've had lots of time together for me to think about that ;-)

Best Drive Yet!
By driver_51

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Considering that this is my favorite car owned to date, Tenth on my list. I love to drive her daily. Second on my list is 2003 Nissan Maxima SE that was totaled prior to purchasing the Accord as a daily driver but it has out-performed everything else I have driven, I know first hand the weakness of Honda' and addressed them after purchasing the car new, Brembo Sport rotors combined with Ceramic Pads makes the brakes grab when needed, coilovers and a thicker sway bar make her handle like a dream on tight turns and Bridgestone Potenzas hold her glued to the pavement. I am a true driver that takes hold of all of Honda technology, no complaints after five years.

Comfortable seats, roomy design, ease of controls i.e. steering, radio, cruise. Love all the neat features, window roll down, LED night light, illuminated ignition switch, XM radio.

Like the Civic SI (Mugen Edition), build a sportier Accord, either coupe or sedan, America has a great romance with their cars, people will pay for it, I would!

05 Accord EX
By swcobb

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my 05 Accord Ex with 60k and it now has 105k. Routine Maint with the an O2 sensor at about 98k. Very comfortable, nice styling, heated seats are great, dual climate control and front, side and rear airbags. Only complaint is the road noise on the highway. Great tire wear, and the exterior looks perfect- even at 105k. 4 cyl is not sluggish and keeps up fine.

Leather, heated seats, dual climate control. No timing belt on 4 cyl.

Road Noise on Highway- power window switch broken on rear window.

Fun to drive but poor NVH
By gilbert3

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for 4 years now with 96,000 KM in the odometer. During warranty period, need to send back to the service center to change the cock-up alarm system and steering system. Annoyed with loud engine noise, wind noise and tyre noise. Also the suspension system is rather too firm for my liking. Road undulations, tyre and outside noise creep into the cabin. The overall NVH left much to be desired. Engine noise is so annoying that I have to add fuel additive to reduce noise. It helps, believe me. No qualm on the handling aspect. The fun factor somewhat offset the poor NVH and refinement, I guess.

Smooth auto transmission. Sporty handling. Responsive steering. Adequate pick up but could be better. Large interior space.

Honda, please address the nagging NVH issues if you want to compete with the more refined Camry. Being sporty doesn't mean having to sacrifice COMFORT.

Standing the test of time
By DV8mAn

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 125,000 miles, I'm still happy. Bulletproof car, great mileage and ride. Feel confident behind the wheel at hwy speeds. Don't want to part with this car until at least 250,000 miles. Only negative is the brakes are too small, so the rotors warp faster than normal. Other than normal maintenance, only issue so far is a dead battery (which could be considered normal).

Comfort, reliability, MPG