2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Long-term relationship!
By sullins on 08/13/12 20:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car I ever bought brand new. I wanted to wait a year or so before I posted a review and wow does time fly! Seven years later I am proud to say I still own this car and it will hit 232,000 miles on my drive to work tomorrow. This has been an incredibly reliable car. Outside of the usual maintenance such as tires, oil changes and brakes, I have replaced nothing more than batteries (think I have bought two) and light bulbs...literally. With that said, I'm awful on cars. I change the oil about every 10,000 miles & have never done 'scheduled maintenance' (dealership stuff). Still has original timing chain & clutch. As a commuter, this has been the best car I could have bought!

Best Drive Yet!
By driver_51 on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Considering that this is my favorite car owned to date, Tenth on my list. I love to drive her daily. Second on my list is 2003 Nissan Maxima SE that was totaled prior to purchasing the Accord as a daily driver but it has out-performed everything else I have driven, I know first hand the weakness of Honda' and addressed them after purchasing the car new, Brembo Sport rotors combined with Ceramic Pads makes the brakes grab when needed, coilovers and a thicker sway bar make her handle like a dream on tight turns and Bridgestone Potenzas hold her glued to the pavement. I am a true driver that takes hold of all of Honda technology, no complaints after five years.

05 Accord EX
By swcobb on 04/21/09 07:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my 05 Accord Ex with 60k and it now has 105k. Routine Maint with the an O2 sensor at about 98k. Very comfortable, nice styling, heated seats are great, dual climate control and front, side and rear airbags. Only complaint is the road noise on the highway. Great tire wear, and the exterior looks perfect- even at 105k. 4 cyl is not sluggish and keeps up fine.

Fun to drive but poor NVH
By gilbert3 on 01/17/09 04:49 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for 4 years now with 96,000 KM in the odometer. During warranty period, need to send back to the service center to change the cock-up alarm system and steering system. Annoyed with loud engine noise, wind noise and tyre noise. Also the suspension system is rather too firm for my liking. Road undulations, tyre and outside noise creep into the cabin. The overall NVH left much to be desired. Engine noise is so annoying that I have to add fuel additive to reduce noise. It helps, believe me. No qualm on the handling aspect. The fun factor somewhat offset the poor NVH and refinement, I guess.

Standing the test of time
By DV8mAn on 10/02/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 125,000 miles, I'm still happy. Bulletproof car, great mileage and ride. Feel confident behind the wheel at hwy speeds. Don't want to part with this car until at least 250,000 miles. Only negative is the brakes are too small, so the rotors warp faster than normal. Other than normal maintenance, only issue so far is a dead battery (which could be considered normal).

Accordingly boring!
By James in Fairfax on 11/30/07 06:29 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an '05 EX Sedan 4-cylinder w/ auto. Purchased based on reviews this is a "sporty family sedan". It's not. I had buyer's remorse a week after purchase. Nothing makes me want to drive this car...nothing! It's so boring to drive I need to check my pulse to make sure I'm not sleeping. IMO, this is a two-faced car: Extremely reliable, economical to own, attrative to look at. Yet, it's boring to drive, too large, poor driving qualities, horrible brakes, twitchy steering with placid handling, poor paint quality. Appearance doesn't match the drive. This car has no personality. If driving point A to point B is all that matters...buy an Accord. '08 isn't much better, just bigger!

Happy Owner
By Hal R on 10/25/07 07:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very comfortable good running car. I also own a 2007 Honda Accord V6 and this 4 cyl Accord performs equally as well. It's hard to tell them apart.

Great Car
By Momma Watson on 07/09/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a mom of two small children. This is a great car for gas mileage, hauling my kids to birthday parties, etc. and I have been a Honda owner since 1994 so I am a firm believer in Hondas. They have never let me down, been very dependable, almost NO maintance at all. But this car has a 4 cylinder engine and it is not a very "fun" car to drive. But it is a great car and we have had no trouble with it at all. Highly recommend.

Excellent Car
By RWP on 06/21/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in March of 2005, car has been reliable and fun to drive 80 miles each day for work. Gas mileage has been pretty good although the AC does zap mileage more than any other car I've had. Seats are comfortable for short and long drives. Those reviewers who state otherwise haven't adjusted the seats correctly. Back seat leg room is very good for the size of the car.

Excellent car - superior crash performance
By 1st-time Honda Owner on 04/25/07 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned the 2005 Accord EX-L 2.4L 4cyl for exactly two years. Then I took a direct hit in the driver's door from an SUV going 40-50+ mph - and walked away on a cane three days later! Not many sedan car owners can say that!! I have only 2 hairline fractures in my pelvis, which should heal in 6 to 12 weeks. I'm definitely buying another Accord. I also had this vehicle on three New England trips of 3,000 to 5,000 miles each. Very comfortable ride, easy handling. The leather and dual climate controls preempted those temp-related spousal fights so it's worth the extra $1,000 in price.