2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Reliable and ages well
By Cmurp on 07/15/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2005 4Dr LX automatic new. My wife used it as a work vehicle for four years and it was bulletproof. Similar to other reviews, the brakes are the Achilles heel, had the rotors resurfaced twice so far. After the 60000 mile service, rear brakes replaced and new pads. Now no problems. Only replaced the battery and have done normal maintenance up to this point (76000 miles). Interior is simple laid out and the seat cloth ages well. Four cylinder has plenty of power and we average about 25mph in mixed driving, 32 on the highway. Very pleased with this car. So pleased that we bought another Honda product, Acura TL used this month.

good ride
By Ron Fielding on 11/23/08 12:56 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a traveling vehicle. It far exceeds the mileage ratings. We get from 30 to over 38 on the highway. We have been diagonally across the US, and back. The power of the four engine is amazing. It is comfortable and quiet on the highway. Incidentally, I don't slow for the hills, and most of our driving is at 75 mph speeds, and in a lot of elevation changes. I like the looks, but admit I like the taillight treatment of the 06 and later Accord. I also love the look of the instrument array.

Great Car Period
By steve on 10/28/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used with 38,000 miles. Put on 08 Accord wheels and tires and K&N filter. 4 cyl/auto has power to spare and gets great MPG. I have read some of the reviews about power/mpg on the 4 cyl and wonder what car they are driving!!! I am 60 years old and have owned Vetts and GTO's etc etc. While not comparing the Accord with either of these types of vehicles, I will say that for a 4 cyl auto this car is remarkable! So, in my opinion, you can not go wrong with this car.

3 Years 36K No Problems
By iowahonda on 09/07/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought our 05 at the end of the model year to get a deal. We're completely happy with it, and have had absolutely no problems. We consistently got 30 mpg city/highway combo, then started getting around 35 mpg once we slowed down on the highway a little. This is a perfect commuter car. Plenty of response and power in traffic. Typical tight Honda feel. No squeaks or rattles ever. This is our 3rd Accord, none ever leaked a drop of oil. Only minor issues are that the seats are a bit firm for long distance driving, the stereo isn't that great, and rear door exit is tight -- have had people hit their heads on the way out.

Great car
By jcw819 on 06/06/08 06:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this car in every way. It is fuel efficient, but has enough power to pass, even at interstate speeds.

Loyal Accord LX
By Mandy on 05/30/08 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car, I purchased it in 1/07 certified. The only problem I have had is with the power steering pump. Being certified Tempe Honda has taken care of all concerns. I love the size and trunk space. I am not a fan of the style.

Not worth the hype
By t60 on 04/04/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Honda Accord because I know Honda has a good name, but I am disappointed with the overall performance. Perhaps I should have gotten a V6, because you have to "gun" the car to get it to go and the tachometer is well over 2,000 rpms even at lower speeds, like 50 mph. The Camry is probably a better choice, provides a much smoother ride and better acceleration.

Converted Honda fan
By Jeffislouie on 03/08/08 00:19 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned a Honda before this. My previous cars were all fast, fun and sporty. When my last car began having serious problems, I decided to take a look at the Accord. The 4 cylinder model isn't a road racer, but I've found that this car as a whole is one of the finest overall I have ever driven. Agile, light, and confortable, my problem free Accord has been nothing short of trustworthy, fun, frugal, and perfect. Would I like a big horsepower car? Sure. Would I give up my Accord in a Chicago winter? Nope. I'm keeping mine for a long time. This will eventually become my winter car that I will use to supplement the sports car. Even still, my Accord drives great and is perfect.

Great Commuting and Family Car
By morg4163 on 12/12/06 09:17 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 180 miles a day round trip, since 10/05 this car has been reliable and not let me down at all. For the cost of the car, it is a great buy. Following Honda's maintenance guide, 3000 mile oil changes are NOT necessary, the book shows 9000 miles for normal use, 6000 miles for extreme conditions. This is the first foreign car I've owned for quite some time, with my daily drive, it wont be my last. This car performs well on the highway and in the city.

Love the Honda
By B Bryant on 08/03/06 13:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had many new cars over the years, most were GM & Ford but this Honda has to be at the top in most all aspects. It's fun to drive and is fast for a 4 cyl. & delivers good mileage. I drive fast 70 to 80 most of the road miles & the little Honda gives me high 30's and once in a while will squeak 40 MPG. This is our first Honda and it will not be my last. In short it's my best auto purchase in 50 years (trade at least one vehicle a year)... so you can see I think a lot of this car & the company stands behind them.