Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 370 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

11years owner
By Saaid

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2005. Have 135,000 miles on it and counting without any issue.
Have only changed the wear and tear parts in the past 11 years. RUNNING STRONG!

200K Miles and still purring
By Michelle Howland

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in Oct 2004, fell in love with the pickup and go she had. It has been the cheapest car to maintain, all routine maintenance and only 1 major repair thus far, a thousand dollar a/c compressor clutch a couple of years back. My youngest son just got this car as I got my new Honda HRV 3 weeks ago!

Best car
By Paul

2005 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is definitely one I'd buy all over again. I have hardly put any money into it since buying it 5.5 years ago. It had 95,000 miles when I bought it and now has over 180,000 miles on it. Other than several suspension work, it's had zero maintenance. Worth your money! 35 mpg helps too! (On trips)

Best car I've ever owned!
By aporter1995

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 00' Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with 139k miles (List of problems too long) for my high school dream car,a black Accord that had 148k miles on it and I haven't looked back! Love my car! Gas mileage is phenomenal compared to what I had, car runs smooth with no issues. I have owned the car 5 months and currently have 161k. I need to put brakes and tires on it but that of course is routine and it could use a serpentine belt. The only out of norm things would be the seat belt sensor (covered by Honda warranty still! Thanks Honda!) and now it has a bad air/fuel ratio sensor (O2 sensor) but nothing that negatively impacts the way it drives. Five stars all around! Great job Honda!

Love the moonroof, 6 CD Changer, and Spoiler!

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I hope Honda never backslides on the quality of parts they use!

Bad Engine (P1009)
By marco8436

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As a lifelong Honda customer I nerve thought I would have to write this review but considering my situation I have to do this. This past September, the check engine light code came on. I went to the dealer and the same service adviser mentioned it will cost me another $90 if it is a different code.The same code P1009 (VTC actuator Fail). The Service adviser said to me, “ Sir your car is burning oil inside the engine. You are going to need a new engine for $2500.” I was so shocked, I could say anything. After a few minutes I asked to speak with the manager. He mentioned to me “ Unfortunately, some engine do fail like this”. According to the technician who work

Beware of code P1009