2005 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Blah...
By GM on 05/23/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So I gave up on life and bought an Accord. This car will bring on your mid-life crisis within a year of purchase. No mechanical problems to date, just fiddly things like most of the buttons which used to light up no longer do, squeaky seat, questionable paint quality. Do not buy one with Navigation - you will really regret it, especially at trade in time. Fairly quick in a straight line, great highway MPG. Handling is borderline dangerous - attempt anything outside of granny driving and you will be sorry - a real issue in an emergency situation. All in all, a nice but boring car that handles like a van.

Performance AND economy: It's about time
By ezhift5 on 04/23/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The test drive showed the strong performance inherent to the 240 HP V-6 coupled to the 6M. A trip thru the desert (LA to Phoenix) showed the surprising fuel efficiency. After 3.5 years 60k miles (on the OEM Michelins yet), the reliability has been only challenged a few times. Two pass. window regulators replaced under factory warranty. Ditto for a CEL dealing with a coolant sensor. I like the 6M but feel that "in-out" vague friction point clutch should try for more BMW-type feel. Other than that... best car I've ever owned.

Gremlins
By CR on 08/13/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

6-speed transmission sometimes "popped" out of third gear the moment it was engaged or was just difficult to engage. Problem began on day of purchase. First two dealers unable to duplicate problem, so American Honda customer service unhelpful. Third dealer service department was eventually able to duplicate and pursue the problem. Shifter cables and then transmission replaced under warranty. Unexpected noises from rear end corrected with replacement of suspension linkage, exhaust componenets and strut. Total of eight warranty service visits and sixty days in the shop before 5,000 miles were on the odo. Honda service departments vary in quality. Find one that gives fixes, not excuses.

Far from excellent
By rrratch on 05/29/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a let down for Honda's top model! The engine performance is excellent and fuel economy very good for a V6 but the rest of the package is less than outstanding. The leather interior is not very comfortable, seats slippery not soft, like the vinyl in dad's old Chrysler. Interior heats up quickly in the sun the AC can't cool it down fast enough. Windows squeak and rattle in the tracks and the dash & console are full of annoying squeaks (made worse in the cold). Thank God for the stereo to drown it all out but forget about talking to anyone. ABS chatters over the smallest bumps and road noise is prominent, even with the factory undercoat. Too many blind spots from big pillars.

Sweet 6MT!
By Tim on 03/05/06 18:42 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in June of '05 and have had nothing but good experiences with it. The 6MT is a real pleasure to drive. The shifting is quick and precise (could be better with a shorter shifter). The V6 is quiet but has a nice growl when the rpms climb above 4k. 1st and 2nd Gears are my favorite - pulls with great intensity. Overall, the interior is nice to look at, the ride is smooth, and it gets fantastic gas mileage.

One Suggestion
By '05 2 Dr. Coupe on 03/02/06 08:01 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car but I do have 1 gripe; I think the heated seats control should be on the dashboard near the radio. If you just jump in the car and put a bag or pocketbook to your right (as the driver) it lands on the switch and may take awhile before you notice it's on. It was last summer this happened to me when I'm driving along and all of a sudden thinking to myself "Boy, it's hot in here!"

luxury and performance
By new car owner on 02/28/06 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a Honda prelude for 5 years before buying the v6 accord 6speed. I thought I would loose some handling capability but this car is better in every respect. It's faster, quieter, roomier, and has more luxury stuff like climate control and heated seats. I checked my mileage and I'm getting 27-28 mpg-pretty good for a car that zips 0-60 in under 6 sec. All I can say is that I am totally satisfied with this car-I can zip around or drive across the country and have the best of both worlds.

Fun , but.
By Mark Deats on 02/20/06 15:23 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed the first year in this 6 speed coupe.The only real complaint is the light feeling of the front end when the torque steer kicks in at about 6000 rpm. I almost put in in a ditch the first time it happened. Overall it has been fun ride although I think the 2001 Accord Coupe I had handled and rode better.

Fast and Reliable
By Phillygyrl on 01/04/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got a GREAT deal on a fully loaded EX-V6 coupe ($23.6k) so I can't complain. It's a fast, reliable car for the price. Honda always has the reliable title attached so I havent been dissapointed yet!

GRRRRRREAT BUY
By TJ on 10/28/05 23:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle new and have had absolutely no regrets, even after putting some +25,000 miles on it the first year. I haven't had to put the car in the shop for anything and the performance hasn't diminished at all. The one possible downside of the V6 6speed is the gas mileage.