Used 2005 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car With Great Gas Mileage
By Honda Owner

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th Honda and 5th Honda Accord that I have owned over the last 20 years. This vehicle has been fun to drive with great gas mileage. In combined city/highway driving, I have averaged 29 MPG.

Handling, Leather heated seats, Moonroof, 6 disc CD player/AM/FM/XM radio with steering wheel audio controls, six airbag protection, exterior design & Gas Mileage.

It would have been nice if it came with an IPOD/MP3 player option. I installed a USA Spec converter and it works great with the factory system and steering wheel audio controls.

Very Proud Owner
By Honda for life

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was surprised with the amount of car I received with my Accord. Power heated Leather Seats, power windows, power locks, remote transmitter in key, 6 disc player, moonroof, 6 air bags, great stock sound system,2.4L engine w/ great gas mileage 26 city/34 hwy. It is a very smooth ride for the most part, except on the interstate where road noise is present. The car comes with ABS, but needs bigger brakes. Another surprising feature is how much room there is in the backseat, 3 adults fit easily in the back. A lot of storage compartments throughout the car. Also 6 cup holders for a 5 person coupe, Pretty cool! All in all I am very impressed with this car and will buy Honda in the future!

6 airbags, heated seats, moonroof, great gas mileage, a lot of cup holders, bright luminescent gauges, spacious for a coupe, sound system.

The car needs bigger brakes because it is a heavy coupe. Also a couple more hp would would have been great.

Love my Accord
By BCV

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Accord Coupe EX-L with 4 cyl, all the bells and whistles. I have bought more than a few new cars over the years. This is the first vehicle that I have had that has not had ONE problem requiring dealership attention. Brought it in for its 15K check up and that has been it. The 4 cyl is very powerful, smooth, very economic and the 5 spd manual a breeze to shift. I love the exterior and interior styling, though I know some do not. Just wish they sold their European award winning diesel engine in Canada (in the Coupe of course).

Powerful 4 cyl, smooth 5 speed, fuel economy. Nice layout in cockpit.

Make traction control avail with 4 cyl. Cruise control with ability to sense vehicles ahead and maintain distance.

great rebound
By accorddriver

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. Honda did it right with the EX-L coupes. This car has great performance and great comforts. The 6 disc cd changer with xm radio built in sounds amazing. The styling makes it aggressive looking. My last car was a lemon of a Jeep and this car is the total opposite being very reliable, amazing gas mileage for me 26/34.

Amazing stereo, luminescent gauges, good pickup when accelerating, comfortable heated leather seats, dual zone air, even the tiny orange light in ceiling that just lights up the cupholder area, many storage units, great styling

I don't have any suggested improvements. I personally wish it was a manual transmission but my automatic is still peppy enough for me!

Mileage Surprise
By Bill Johnstone

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

EPA rates this V6 Honda EX at 22/28 MPG, but I have found that the mileage is much better, at least for highway driving. I curise at 65 to 70+ MPH on the road and have consistantly computed 35 MPG and sometimes 38. On opnly one occasion I got 33. With the cost of gas this is a nice surprise. Since the car is new, I expect that mileage to get better over time. The rest of the car is excellent, but that's why I bought it. The XM radio is fun.