2005 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
After over 333,333 miles...
By lexter on 10/23/12 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda Accord, and my accidentally best choice. Much more improved paint coating and rust protection. The car looks like new even now. Good acceleration in tough road situations. A fair 29-30 mpg, mostly on highways. Very comfortable seats. Superb ergonomics, which makes the car so appreciated during a long travel. The car is a nightmare for a car salesman or an example of an excellent workmanship.

As Advertised
By John M on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a reliable car with decent acceleration, looks and gas mileage at a reasonable cost. My Accord delivered on all accounts. I test drove the V6, but was impressed enough with 4 cylinder to go with that. I wouldn't say it's "fun" to drive, but its not a slug either. On- ramps and (reasonable) passing are no problem. I currently have 65K on the odometer and the only thing I've replaced are the tires (at 55K).

Super reliability & gas mileage
By Robert on 11/30/09 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The perfect commuter & fun to drive. No problems and minimal maintenance (oil & filter, tires, brakes) in 70 K miles. Very reliable, great gas mileage: I average 30-32 MPG, 70% highway at 80 MPH. Decent performance with the 4 cylinder 5 speed combo, and fun to drive. Could not be happier!

Blah...
By GM on 05/23/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So I gave up on life and bought an Accord. This car will bring on your mid-life crisis within a year of purchase. No mechanical problems to date, just fiddly things like most of the buttons which used to light up no longer do, squeaky seat, questionable paint quality. Do not buy one with Navigation - you will really regret it, especially at trade in time. Fairly quick in a straight line, great highway MPG. Handling is borderline dangerous - attempt anything outside of granny driving and you will be sorry - a real issue in an emergency situation. All in all, a nice but boring car that handles like a van.

Performance AND economy: It's about time
By ezhift5 on 04/23/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The test drive showed the strong performance inherent to the 240 HP V-6 coupled to the 6M. A trip thru the desert (LA to Phoenix) showed the surprising fuel efficiency. After 3.5 years 60k miles (on the OEM Michelins yet), the reliability has been only challenged a few times. Two pass. window regulators replaced under factory warranty. Ditto for a CEL dealing with a coolant sensor. I like the 6M but feel that "in-out" vague friction point clutch should try for more BMW-type feel. Other than that... best car I've ever owned.

2005 two door Honda Accord
By Buckeye Gray on 02/13/09 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2005 Honda Accord about a week before Christmas in 2004. Ended up getting the car a little sooner than I wanted after someone pulled out in front of my Honda Civic. Anyway, it's the best car I've ever owned. If you give this car proper maintenance it will go! Has a very smooth ride especially on the open road. Even though it's a four cylinder it will run easily at 80 or 85mph. But I usually don't drive that fast. Gas mileage is supposed to be right around 31 to 35 mpg, but last summer took a round trip of 290 miles and wound up getting just over 39 mpg! Mind you I drove at or under 65. Good car, in future hope to buy another one.

Great Car With Great Gas Mileage
By Honda Owner on 09/19/08 15:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th Honda and 5th Honda Accord that I have owned over the last 20 years. This vehicle has been fun to drive with great gas mileage. In combined city/highway driving, I have averaged 29 MPG.

Notice
By Roe on 06/11/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX Special Edition V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to talk about this car it is great! Not once did it fail in anyway. It did an outstanding performance driving from Ft. Hood Texas to Ft. Wainwright Alaska. I am a soldier. The drive was 4129 miles and this car handled extremely well.

Very Proud Owner
By Honda for life on 06/03/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was surprised with the amount of car I received with my Accord. Power heated Leather Seats, power windows, power locks, remote transmitter in key, 6 disc player, moonroof, 6 air bags, great stock sound system,2.4L engine w/ great gas mileage 26 city/34 hwy. It is a very smooth ride for the most part, except on the interstate where road noise is present. The car comes with ABS, but needs bigger brakes. Another surprising feature is how much room there is in the backseat, 3 adults fit easily in the back. A lot of storage compartments throughout the car. Also 6 cup holders for a 5 person coupe, Pretty cool! All in all I am very impressed with this car and will buy Honda in the future!

Accord buyer for life so far
By amaddal708 on 03/05/08 10:37 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Minus normal wear and tear the car has held up perfect almost. Seem's to have a slight rattle from interior finish at highway speeds but besides that minus and misalighnment the car is great overall.Best overall car I have owned yet. Only the Eclipse of 98 was more fun to drive. I would buy this car again for their 2009 model possibly. The four cylinder has plenty of power you would believe it was a four.