Used 2005 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great first car!
By Ed

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

To be specific, I have the 2005 LX Special Edition Coupe with the 2.4L I4 and 5-speed Manual. Special edition just means alloy wheels and different tires compared to the normal LX I believe. This is the first car I've actually owned. This is also the first car I've driven with a manual transmission (and I learned how to drive manual exclusively with this car in a parking lot!). The transmission is pretty slick, the clutch is pretty forgiving as well. The engine is a little weak in the low RPM range but over 3000RPM it has all the power you need in a car this size. Just shift down to fourth if you need to merge or pass on the highway but for normal city driving it should have enough power as long as you aren't lugging it. The ride and steering feel are pretty solid for a commuter car, it's no sports car but it doesn't have dead steering feel like some other typical sedans/coupes in this size/price range. The interior is pretty solid overall, the cluster is pretty logically laid out (I personally don't like most modern cars which try to be too complicated with soft-touch buttons and touch screens up the wazoo, makes it harder to change the AC/heat without looking!). Cloth seats does the job fine for me, saves me some pain in the summertime after a day in the parking lot sun. My only gripes are that shifting from first to second smoothly is always very slow because first is a lot shorter (in gearing) than second. Also the B-Pillar (behind the door) is pretty much exactly where you want to look to check your blind spot, but after a while you get used to turning your head just a bit more to get around that.

Awesome car!
By thinicely19

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

my first car, and I absolutely love it. the drive is smooth, great on gas and very comfortable. i love that there is a 6-cd player. it was very easy to navigate around in the car with the heat, a/c, settings and what not.

6 cd player, sun roof, powered driver seats, heated seats, back pockets on both seats, the cup holders for all passengers, big trunk and more!

The only thing that I wasn't too happy about was that when you turn on your lights at night, the glove department light stays on as well. I wish there was an option of turning it on and off seeing how you only need it when you open the glove department, other wise, all around a great car.

After over 333,333 miles...
By lexter

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda Accord, and my accidentally best choice. Much more improved paint coating and rust protection. The car looks like new even now. Good acceleration in tough road situations. A fair 29-30 mpg, mostly on highways. Very comfortable seats. Superb ergonomics, which makes the car so appreciated during a long travel. The car is a nightmare for a car salesman or an example of an excellent workmanship.

As Advertised
By John M

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a reliable car with decent acceleration, looks and gas mileage at a reasonable cost. My Accord delivered on all accounts. I test drove the V6, but was impressed enough with 4 cylinder to go with that. I wouldn't say it's "fun" to drive, but its not a slug either. On- ramps and (reasonable) passing are no problem. I currently have 65K on the odometer and the only thing I've replaced are the tires (at 55K).

Reliability and low cost of operation. Interior controls are very intuitive and easy to operate while driving.

None. It works as advertised.

Super reliability & gas mileage
By Robert

2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The perfect commuter & fun to drive. No problems and minimal maintenance (oil & filter, tires, brakes) in 70 K miles. Very reliable, great gas mileage: I average 30-32 MPG, 70% highway at 80 MPH. Decent performance with the 4 cylinder 5 speed combo, and fun to drive. Could not be happier!

No problems, period! Remote opens side windows, great for hot sunny California summers. Great gas mileage 30-32 MPG with a heavy foot on the gas (70% highway). Plenty of power, good acceleration & top speed (0-60 in 7 sec. Was still accelerating at 120 MPH when I backed off).

Why does the car lock itself when you close the trunk? Don't leave your keys in the car! Paint is a bit thin and easily chips.