Used 2005 Honda Accord Value Package Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
honda hybrid power
By davevro

2005 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has more performance and mpg than I thought possible. It really gets 37 mpg highway and 29 city and is the most responsive car I have ever driven. However I only have 3000 miles on it so all the complication necessary to get mileage and performance may yet bite me.

Favorite Features

engine stop at stop signs 3 cylinder cruising extreme acceleration when electric motor kicks in.

Suggested Improvements

the storage container in the center console is tricky to close

This is a awesome commuting car!!!
By Point A to B, Great!

2005 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a awesome commute car, The gas mileage is really good even though its a mid-size sedan. I was torn between the civic and the accord, but the miles per gallon isn't that much different. For few bucks more you can get a bigger, more powerful and just as economical car, the accord. I would recommend %100!!!

Favorite Features

standard side curtain airbags power windows height adjustment bright speedometer

Suggested Improvements

make the power locks standard on the VP

Questionable Build Quality
By DemianB

2005 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Needed a new commuter car and decided to skip the Civic for the Accord Value Package. Great looks, great standard features, etc... Was very disappointed that the windshield glass had distortion in it and creates a 'wavey' effect as you drive. I also went to open the trunk for the first time and the lock fell out the back! The car also came with missing paint on the driver's door edge and a poorly done cover-up job of previous scraping. It's currently at the dealer for repair, but I'm not sure they'll fix the glass issue since it's not obvious when you're not moving. Hopefully this was an anomoly and the rest of the car is solid as historical Accords.

Favorite Features

I love the lay out internally. The dash and controls are very logical and clear. The center console is also terrific with the sliding arm rest. Also the looks of the car are top- notch for a sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Honda, you guys need to double-check these cars before they leave the factory. And what's with the distorted glass? Attempting to save money using cheaper suppliers? One word to you: GM.