2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
My High School dream car
By 92carlover on 07/20/12 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Honda Accord LX 5 months ago at 159k miles. It was in good condition, minor outside damage. I was satisfied with the car. Until I noticed the great amount of gas usage. I keep my car fully maintained, oil change, tire rotation & the gas mileage still is HORRIBLE! After two months the radio light came on & off, now its not coming on AT ALL!( alot of reviews say the same thing) Has the power to get up and go overall GOOD car ! Cruise control has a malfunction as well as a HORRIBLE stereo system.

2005 Honda Accord EX-L 4 Cyl.
By Mike P on 04/06/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car. Very Happy with it. My first Accord and would recommend this year and model to anyone.

Battery Died -Towed Twice in One Day
By BAC on 07/20/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Only have 16,000 on this baby, owned under 3 yrs. and I was shocked when my battery died on a very hot day. My shop says it happens! He also said the breaks are fine, just noisy pads (after 10,000 noticed a slight squeal). Still like the car for what I paid under $18,000 everything included Cash. Nobody is perfect. Must last 10 yrs.

Bye Acura!
By namadnav on 05/28/08 21:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've always been a big fan of Acura tl's but since U.S. economy sucks lately, I had to downgrade (or so I thought). I bought an 05 Accord ex with everything, from tire pressure sensors, to heated seats, XM and navi. Features that I never had on my 2000 rl. Gas mileage is great, handing is awesome. Styling is just as good as Acuras. Speed is ok, but for the price? You just cant beat it! Oh did I mention 100k warranty? From burnt light bulb to blown engine, they cover it at no cost. Buy one!

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By Melissa on 11/30/07 23:45 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had 3 trouble-free years with my Accord. Two accidents left me fine, and the car (repaired) is back in perfect condition. I average 32 mpg with mostly freeway driving. Beside the typical maintenance, I've had to do nothing to it. It's roomy with high quality interior materials. In short, I love it. It's not a highly exciting car, but I knew that before I purchased it. I will continue to purchase Hondas.

Great Value. Great ride for its class
By B.C. on 10/05/05 09:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Paid $17988.00 including destination. Enjoying a comfortable ride. ABS is good, but not excellent. Transmission is as smooth as they come. The highway ride is an A. Cornering could be a bit better. For every day performance I would rate this 4cyl.a # 9 Handled well in rain storm. This car is worth considering, noise is not an issue. Wish me luck. I am counting on Honda's reputation!

Great Value For Ride, Price & Size
By B. Condon on 09/28/05 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Paid $ 17988.00 including destination end of 05 yr. THANK YOU Edmunds for posting the $750.00 roll back to dealer! Gas mileage is kicking in now. Nice drive around town -handles 75mph highway with no problem. Brakes are rated good for disc/drum set/up as well as turns. Road noise does not bother me. All and all this car is almost a #10 for its class.

Another perfect Accord
By Steven on 08/03/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this Accord to replace a BMW 325...really don't miss the BMW. As a former '95 Accord driver, I was wary of the auto shift quality, but the new 5-speed is a huge improvement. 4-cyl power is great, if you think you need a V6, you're probably wrong. (V6 would be nice on long freeway upgrades, that's about it). Handling is decent, definitely not sharp like the BMW, but the tires are made for mileage, not grip. Brakes are so-so, an area Honda could definitely address next time around. Amazing seats, almost as good as Volvos I've ridden in, and that's saying something. Only regret is I wish I'd shelled out for the EX with Leather...this car is actually worth the splurge...