2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

My High School dream car
By 92carlover

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Honda Accord LX 5 months ago at 159k miles. It was in good condition, minor outside damage. I was satisfied with the car. Until I noticed the great amount of gas usage. I keep my car fully maintained, oil change, tire rotation & the gas mileage still is HORRIBLE! After two months the radio light came on & off, now its not coming on AT ALL!( alot of reviews say the same thing) Has the power to get up and go overall GOOD car ! Cruise control has a malfunction as well as a HORRIBLE stereo system.

Favorite Features

Keyless remote lets down windows, Power to go at command, Automatic lights, interior lighting when unlocked with keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

Radio lighting and stereo GAS MILEAGE!

2005 Honda Accord EX-L 4 Cyl.
By Mike P

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car. Very Happy with it. My first Accord and would recommend this year and model to anyone.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control. Heated seats. Radio controls on steering wheel. Power driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

I do not like that the AC / Heat fan automatically jumps to full blast when making adjustments from one area to another, i.e. from dashboard vent to windshield. Its annoying and feels like being micro-managed.

Battery Died -Towed Twice in One Day
By BAC

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Only have 16,000 on this baby, owned under 3 yrs. and I was shocked when my battery died on a very hot day. My shop says it happens! He also said the breaks are fine, just noisy pads (after 10,000 noticed a slight squeal). Still like the car for what I paid under $18,000 everything included Cash. Nobody is perfect. Must last 10 yrs.

Favorite Features

Better gas mi then the new 08

Suggested Improvements

Better ex paint quality and colors, and keep working on those breaks.(Shorter stopping distance.)

Bye Acura!
By namadnav

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've always been a big fan of Acura tl's but since U.S. economy sucks lately, I had to downgrade (or so I thought). I bought an 05 Accord ex with everything, from tire pressure sensors, to heated seats, XM and navi. Features that I never had on my 2000 rl. Gas mileage is great, handing is awesome. Styling is just as good as Acuras. Speed is ok, but for the price? You just cant beat it! Oh did I mention 100k warranty? From burnt light bulb to blown engine, they cover it at no cost. Buy one!

Favorite Features

Vtec, XM, navi, alldisc with abs, fuel economy, you know what, I'll stop here because if I keep on going, we'll be here all day.

Suggested Improvements

Did anybody say turbo? Most imports got turbo nowadays, Mazda, VW, Nissan, Subaru and supercharged Toyota (trucks). Wouldn't it be nice to have a boosted Honda from the box? S2000 maybe?

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By Melissa

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had 3 trouble-free years with my Accord. Two accidents left me fine, and the car (repaired) is back in perfect condition. I average 32 mpg with mostly freeway driving. Beside the typical maintenance, I've had to do nothing to it. It's roomy with high quality interior materials. In short, I love it. It's not a highly exciting car, but I knew that before I purchased it. I will continue to purchase Hondas.

Favorite Features

Black interior, roomy trunk, fuel economy, reliability, 10,000 mile interval for oil changes.

Suggested Improvements

Aux input, but you can add your own.

Great Value. Great ride for its class
By B.C.

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Paid $17988.00 including destination. Enjoying a comfortable ride. ABS is good, but not excellent. Transmission is as smooth as they come. The highway ride is an A. Cornering could be a bit better. For every day performance I would rate this 4cyl.a # 9 Handled well in rain storm. This car is worth considering, noise is not an issue. Wish me luck. I am counting on Honda's reputation!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and spacious cabin. Value price, including air bags and safety ratings.

Suggested Improvements

Only regret is learning the 06 will include traction control I believe this was kept quiet. Honda is really competing with the others. This could make the car a solid #10.DSL and better warranty too. Sharper ex. colors needed.

Great Value For Ride, Price & Size
By B. Condon

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Paid $ 17988.00 including destination end of 05 yr. THANK YOU Edmunds for posting the $750.00 roll back to dealer! Gas mileage is kicking in now. Nice drive around town -handles 75mph highway with no problem. Brakes are rated good for disc/drum set/up as well as turns. Road noise does not bother me. All and all this car is almost a #10 for its class.

Favorite Features

Safety ratings and smooth,comfortable ride for a 4cyl.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes a little stronger(stopping dist.) Improve choice of colors.

Another perfect Accord
By Steven

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this Accord to replace a BMW 325...really don't miss the BMW. As a former '95 Accord driver, I was wary of the auto shift quality, but the new 5-speed is a huge improvement. 4-cyl power is great, if you think you need a V6, you're probably wrong. (V6 would be nice on long freeway upgrades, that's about it). Handling is decent, definitely not sharp like the BMW, but the tires are made for mileage, not grip. Brakes are so-so, an area Honda could definitely address next time around. Amazing seats, almost as good as Volvos I've ridden in, and that's saying something. Only regret is I wish I'd shelled out for the EX with Leather...this car is actually worth the splurge...

Favorite Features

Responsive drivetrain, fantastic seats, very solid and quiet road manners. Transmission holds a gear, you can shift with the throttle, and does not hunt. Rarely caught flat- footed. Car merges well.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are not what they could be. Exterior design is funky, Honda overcorrected on the design. Unlike most people I object more to the front than the back.