2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
05 Accord Hybrid
By lorenzos1 on 12/26/12 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

140 000 miles and still rolling. Regular oil changes and recommended maintenance by the dealer (105 000 miles:belts, water pump etc... new Yokohama's at 115000 miles) and no problems. 27 mpg city and 37mpg hwy is possible but I average around 29mpg combined. This car has been a pleasant surprise to own. No drama.., smooth, quiet and dependable.

Got suckered in
By lexlaser on 03/26/11 20:07 PM (PDT)

Bought this car used 10 mos ago. Was told we would get about 40 mpg. Boy were we suckered! Averages about 17 mpg in town and the best hwy mileage was about 28. Complained to dealer and was told (after the fact) that Honda only made this hybrid for a couple of years and that it was a 'disappointment' so they quit making it. Wish we were told that before we bought it! Was told if I drove it 'like a little old lady' I would probably get better mileage. I swear they said that! Car tends to vibrate loudly upon deceleration after driving several miles. No more Hondas for us. Don't get suckered....ask questions about mileage! I sure miss my Ford!

Nice, but Somewhat Over-rated
By rick on 12/26/05 22:15 PM (PST)

Fun to drive, great mileage on the highway, but in town, it is overrated. I get about 24 in town. Nav feature is great and with the exception of a few new subdivisions, it has exceeded expectations. Mine just got recalled for electric motor battery problems.

Wonderful car
By Keith Lefevre on 12/13/05 04:32 AM (PST)

I test drove this car, plus the '05 Acura TL, and the '05 Honda Civic Hybrid. I immediately dropped the Civic because I wanted more performance, interior room, and luxury feel. The TL was great! I was close to getting it. What pushed me over the fence to get the Accord instead was it's fuel economy. In the past 5,500 miles, I've averaged 27 city, 39 hwy, and once I even got 48 MPG! I love this car and would recommend it to anybody. The suspension is smooth, yet sporty. The power is awesome. Handling is great. Very quiet ride. All controls are easily reached. Fit and finish are excellent. I even love the color! I would buy this car all over again if I had to.

V6 Power; V4 MPG
By JLAnderson on 11/27/05 12:15 PM (PST)

This was an impulse buy -- was getting my 03 Accord LX serviced, saw this car on display, smelled the leather and was sold. Am averaging about 35 mpg -- here's how I do it: When the green "eco" light comes on at the desired speed, I hit "cruise" and stay there. I'm trying to get rid of a heavy foot. If you want to drive this like the performance sedan it is, hitting on all 6 cylinders, you're going to see lower mileage. It's that simple. Don't drive like a nut, and you'll be rewarded. This is truly a great car; I've been driving Accords for almost 20 years and this is the best by far. Trust me.

Was hoping for better mileage
By sully on 10/27/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

Car is excellent, however I was really hoping for better gas mileage... roughly around 33.5-34 in mostly highway driving. Bought it when gas hit 3.50/gal for premium - I do like that it takes regular gas. I drive a TON (I expect to put 25K miles/yr on it), so I hope it loosens out some (just bought it 3 weeks ago)... dumped an Audi S4, so it's a 'different' car than what I'm used to...

After 15000 miles
By undertoad on 10/12/05 23:59 PM (PDT)

My first review was in May @ 1000 miles. In September did a long haul tour (26 states and Canada). Overall in all kinds of driving conditions we averaged 33+ MPG (city, mountains, heavy traffic, open road). I have a JPEG foto of the Nav Information Screen; 9/22-9/22 Trip - 480miles Elapsed Time - 6:27 Average Fuel Consumption - 38.7 MPG Average Speed - 74.6 MPH Nav sys is fine for working around unfamiliar metro areas. When you have local knowledge you see that many suggested routes are crude, round about, and just plain wrong. Lot of out-dated data in the NAV database. Local post office moved 10 years ago but still in old location.

Cape
By Jake on 09/30/05 14:47 PM (PDT)

Awsome car, best mileage is keeping it on the highway. Average/ normal gas mileage around town. When you need power this is a rocketship! Lots of creature features on this baby too!

A Honda family
By Robert fochtman on 09/14/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

I own a 2002 Honda Accord V-6. My wife had a 2002 BMW 225. We replaced the BMW with a Honda Accord Hybrid. So far we have had a very positive experience with the new hybrid. Our driving has been expressway/city street and we have averaged 32 plus miles per gallon. On the expressway we seem to get about 36 MPG. Love the car.

The New Accord Hybrid
By Bill Ades on 08/20/05 17:13 PM (PDT)

I would have preferred to wait a year to let the prices come down a bit and to make sure the new Accord Hybrid would be as good a car as my last Accord ('95 wagon, 168k miles). I have had absolutely no reason to regret my purchase. The car is a dream to drive -- tight, responsive handling and ride, real performance (without guilt). I have found no defects in 6 months and over 6,000 miles. The Nav. system is both fun and useful and the sound system is great. The car routinely gets 37 mpg or more at interstate speeds and averages 25 mpg on my 20 mile mixed commute. The transition from economy mode (3 cylinders) to full power is virtually undetectible. I love my new Accord!