Used 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

05 Accord Hybrid
By lorenzos1

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

140 000 miles and still rolling. Regular oil changes and recommended maintenance by the dealer (105 000 miles:belts, water pump etc... new Yokohama's at 115000 miles) and no problems. 27 mpg city and 37mpg hwy is possible but I average around 29mpg combined. This car has been a pleasant surprise to own. No drama.., smooth, quiet and dependable.

Favorite Features

Seat warmers work well, Navigation is simple to use, hybrid info on the dash and on the nav system is fun, cylinder deactivation is what all cars should have. Everything works like when it was new.

Got suckered in
By lexlaser

Bought this car used 10 mos ago. Was told we would get about 40 mpg. Boy were we suckered! Averages about 17 mpg in town and the best hwy mileage was about 28. Complained to dealer and was told (after the fact) that Honda only made this hybrid for a couple of years and that it was a 'disappointment' so they quit making it. Wish we were told that before we bought it! Was told if I drove it 'like a little old lady' I would probably get better mileage. I swear they said that! Car tends to vibrate loudly upon deceleration after driving several miles. No more Hondas for us. Don't get suckered....ask questions about mileage! I sure miss my Ford!

Favorite Features

Navigation system nice. Heated leather seats are nice. 6-disc CD player nice. Back seat sufficient for small car. Handles nicely.

Suggested Improvements

Not enough storage. Trunk small. Front seats crowded. Temperature controls are confusing.

Nice, but Somewhat Over-rated
By rick

Fun to drive, great mileage on the highway, but in town, it is overrated. I get about 24 in town. Nav feature is great and with the exception of a few new subdivisions, it has exceeded expectations. Mine just got recalled for electric motor battery problems.

Favorite Features

Nav, CD player

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights, and auto-dimmer in the rearview mirror would be nice.

Wonderful car
By Keith Lefevre

I test drove this car, plus the '05 Acura TL, and the '05 Honda Civic Hybrid. I immediately dropped the Civic because I wanted more performance, interior room, and luxury feel. The TL was great! I was close to getting it. What pushed me over the fence to get the Accord instead was it's fuel economy. In the past 5,500 miles, I've averaged 27 city, 39 hwy, and once I even got 48 MPG! I love this car and would recommend it to anybody. The suspension is smooth, yet sporty. The power is awesome. Handling is great. Very quiet ride. All controls are easily reached. Fit and finish are excellent. I even love the color! I would buy this car all over again if I had to.

Favorite Features

The Honda Navi system is phenomenal. It's a bit pricey at $2K, but well worth the investment. Dual climate control is a marriage saver because my wife and I have different views on a comfortable temperature range. :)

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see TPMS, VSA, HIDs, LED tail lamps, Acura's maintenance minder, memory seats & mirrors, spare tire, perforated leather seats, and moonroof.

V6 Power; V4 MPG
By JLAnderson

This was an impulse buy -- was getting my 03 Accord LX serviced, saw this car on display, smelled the leather and was sold. Am averaging about 35 mpg -- here's how I do it: When the green "eco" light comes on at the desired speed, I hit "cruise" and stay there. I'm trying to get rid of a heavy foot. If you want to drive this like the performance sedan it is, hitting on all 6 cylinders, you're going to see lower mileage. It's that simple. Don't drive like a nut, and you'll be rewarded. This is truly a great car; I've been driving Accords for almost 20 years and this is the best by far. Trust me.

Favorite Features

XM Radio; the heated seats (for my 80-year-old, cold-natured mom); dual-zone AC (for me, when mom's in the car and freezing); the tautness of handling; the seamless way Honda has integrated new technology with its proven, reliable technology.

Suggested Improvements

Moonroof (done for the 06); auto-dimming rearview should be standard for a car at this level; increase the color choices -- and make them totally unique to the HAH cars; auto-locking doors when shifted from Park.